Revenue Recognition Analyst, Avocent
Publish Start Date
May 1 2013
Previous Job | Next Job
Corporation, a subsidiary of Emerson Network Power, is the leader in providing
innovative software and hardware technology that rapidly helps customers link corporate
and IT strategies. Our unique integration of innovation and simplification
make the management of IT infrastructure a vehicle for value, insights, and
results. We deliver IT infrastructure management solutions for enterprises
worldwide, helping customers reduce costs, increase availability of network
resources, and enabling control, security, and compliance.
believe that growth and success are a direct result of the quality and skill of
the people who work with us. We believe in encouraging and rewarding
initiative. We are looking for people to join our global team to help us
shape the future of IT infrastructure.
The Revenue Recognition Analyst is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and interpreting customer orders, or contracts to evaluate and ensure that transactions are recorded in accordance with revenue recognition policies.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
• Ensures compliance to company’s revenue recognition policies and internal controls
• Reviews, analyses and interprets customer contracts and / or purchase orders to evaluate and identify potential revenue recognition issues
• Reviews customers’ terms and conditions for business acceptability and conformance with company policy, receives guidance from Legal where appropriate.
• Perform deferred income analysis
• Assist with quarterly VSOE analysis for maintenance / professional services, as required.
• Support various special projects as required
• Work closely with Sales, Operations and Legal teams to ensure proper compliance with revenue recognition rules and guidelines
• Ensuring all accounting adjustments related to revenue recognition are completed in a structured manner during the month-end process and that these entries reflect the correct revenue recognition treatment in accordance with US GAAP.
• Assist with the tracking of multiple element arrangements, working with the Sales & Professional Services groups to understand deal structures.
• Provide support to the Order Entry group on revenue recognition issues.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• Accounting degree
• Requires 6 – 8 years Accounting experience
• Ability to understand and interpret Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US-GAAP) and more specifically revenue recognition literature ( ASC 985-20, SOP 97-2/98-9, EITF 00-21, SAB 104) for a publically-traded technology company
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
• Ability to identify key risk areas, contemplate alternatives, draw conclusions and recommend and implement changes to improve processes and mitigate risks
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction from management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
• Proficient in SAP
Emerson Network Power - 16 months ago
Liebert keeps its cool in the face of a power meltdown. The company designs, makes and markets surge suppressors, uninterruptable power...