EnerNOC, a leading provider of demand response and energy efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for a Revenue and COGS Accountant to join our world-class Finance organization. The Revenue and COGS Accountant will serve as one of the resident Finance team experts on our demand response and energy efficiency products. As a Boston-based Revenue and COGS Accountant, your first mission will be to develop an understanding of EnerNOC's internal finance and accounting systems various revenue streams. This role is vital to ensuring that monthly financial closes are completed timely in order to provide accurate financial information to key decision makers throughout the business. Communication and cross departmental cohesion are vital in this position, and you’ll enjoy the ability to work with a variety of teams to discuss the inputs and outputs of your work. Candidates with a highly detailed and investigative mindset who enjoy transaction-intensive data analysis will thrive in this role, and find their efforts rewarded with the excitement that comes both from making a difference and having an immediate impact on our business.
- Assisting in the monthly financial close as it relates to revenue & COGS for our demand response and energy efficiency products in a deadline oriented environment
- Ensuring the timely preparation of journal entries, supporting schedules, and reconciliations for revenue & COGS
- Contributing to forecasting process and actual to forecast variance analysis for revenue, COGS, and gross margin.
- Executing monthly / quarterly SOX controls
- Coordinating directly with external auditors during the quarterly and annual audit
- Implementing revenue recognition guidance as it applies to our contracts, performing accounting research as necessary. Focus on reviewing any non-standard agreements
- Preparing invoicing and collection analysis for our utility, commercial, and industrial customers
- Coordinating with the Energy Markets and Operations teams to ensure the accuracy of financial data in Salesforce (customer relationship management tool), Oracle Utilities (utility data and billing software) and Synergy (project accounting software)
- Identifying, recommending, and implementing improved accounting and reporting processes, as it relates to revenue & COGS. Focus on documenting and applying consistent policies and assisting with the implementation of new financial systems
- Capturing best practices and lessons learned following each quarterly close cycle to feed continuous improvements in process, tools, communication and training
- Compiling and interpreting financial data related to energy efficiency operations to assist management in making strategic decisions
- Performing other duties as required
- Minimum of B.A. or B.S. undergraduate degree required in Accounting or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting, finance, or related field
- Experience with US GAAP revenue recognition guidance
- Understanding of financial accounting systems
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work in a fast paced, forward moving environment
- Prior experience within and/or passion for the clean tech industry
- “Big Four” or other public accounting audit experience
- Experience in both the public and private sectors
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant
Working Toward a Clean Energy Future!
Charting the future of energy takes a different kind of corporation. EnerNOC is one of the leading...