Revenue and Sales Forecasting Analyst
Full-Time — San Francisco, CA
As a Revenue and Sales Forecasting Analyst, you will use financial modeling and statistical analysis to develop rigorous revenue forecasts and answer complex questions. You should be passionate about finding insights in data, driving practical business impact, and working with large datasets.
You will be a key member of the Sales Finance team working closely with our Product, Engineering, Sales, and Analytics teams at Twitter. As such, you will:
- Develop statistical and financial models to forecast and predict revenue, demand, and supply
- Use statistical software such as R to analyze large datasets to: i) identify causal impacts on revenue, 2) examine patterns in advertiser and user behavior
- Use metrics and quantitative analysis to identify growth risks and opportunities and influence business partners to drive timely decision making
- Write and interpret complex SQL queries for standard as well as ad hoc data analysis purposes
- Communicate analyses and forecasts in scalable reports and presentations
- Be personable, approachable and able to connect with each and every person on the team and throughout the business
As we strive to create a rigorous culture that balances experimentation and getting it right, we have high standards of execution. We require someone who can:
- Master Excel, R, SQL, statistical modeling, financial modeling, simulations, etc.
- Create meaningful presentations and analyses that tell a story focused on insights, not just data
- Remain detail-oriented while working across a wide variety of projects
- 3+ years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong experience with Excel, R, SQL, financial modeling, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and effectively influence senior business partners
- Possess a demonstrable grasp of Twitter, mobile, web and media markets
- Knowledge of digital advertising a plus
Twitter - 9 months ago
Here's less than 140 characters for ya: trivial texts or not, every one's all a-twitter about tweeting. Twitter operates a free...