Normally responsible for supervising one rig; provides direct operational supervision to the rig personnel; not responsible for a budget. Expedites assigned rig crews into the field at the beginning of the workday. This may include assisting the crews in obtaining the supplies needed to complete the day’s activities, collecting work tickets from the previous day’s work, gathering additional equipment required, communicating any changes to the work plans for the current job and any requests made by the customer. Creates and maintains positive customer relations. Actively seeks service sales opportunities. Achieves maintenance and repair of equipment associated with the work group and may require the supervisor to direct the work.
1. Directly responsible for the performance of his/her assigned rigs and crews. Must communicate with the crews to determine their needs (manpower and materials.) Will be required to be at the work site during critical operations to ensure safe operating procedures are being followed. Additional time should be spent on the work location to observe the crew members in their work activity and to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for assuring the rig field reports (daily work tickets) are completed and signed when required by the customer. This position requires the Rig Supervisor to attend and conduct safety meetings with his/her assigned crews.
3. Meets with customers to determine needs and services that the company can provide through personal visits and phone contacts.
4. Position requires mobility to visit rig crews and customers. This may require driving a vehicle for extended periods of time over long distances.
5. May occasionally direct the rig crew in the maintenance of the rig and associated equipment, and should have the knowledge of the use hand tools and other devices to accomplish the task.
6. This position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the rig operations and Company Standard Operating Procedures and also other specialized training as required by the customer, regulatory agencies or the Company.
7. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
8. Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
9. Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
- Pass the company’s drug screen.
- Pass the company’s “Physical Functions Assessment”.
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver. CDL is preferred.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Satisfactorily complete the company’s comprehensive Basic Skills Test.
- Satisfactorily complete the company’s Opinion Survey.
- Medium Work- Exerting 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company’s Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- An understanding and use of the basic management concepts and principles including delegation, motivation, discipline, goal setting and performance evaluation.
- A thorough knowledge of the oil field service related equipment, materials, terminology and the maintenance of the same.
- A working knowledge of the purpose, capability and limitations of the equipment associated with his/her assigned area.
Nabors Industries - 20 months ago
Oil and gas exploration and production companies need a little support in order to ply their trade around the globe, and like a good...