Transportation, Urban Development
Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Florida staff as a
Right of Way Group Manager
, located in one of our existing offices in:
Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Tallahassee (other Florida location may be considered).
Under senior leadership direction, the ideal candidate will supervise Atkins ROW staff in Florida, Georgia and North Carolina in providing a full range of production activities for clients and projects in the areas of appraisals, acquisitions, relocation assistance, and property management. The candidate will provide leadership, direction and technical guidance to staff to ensure that quality technical services are provided to clients and that the work product meets its operating performance targets. The position will include management of project production, project acquisition/client relations, and financial management of the group to ensure quality, client satisfaction, continued production backlog, and profitability of all projects within the work unit. Travel may be in the range of 10%-20%.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Staff administration – identifies work unit staffing needs based on future workload and manpower projections. Initiates actions to recruit, hire and terminate staff. Helps staff identify and pursue technical and professional development; advises, monitors and enforces compliance with policy. Ensure company and staff are compliant with real estate licensure requirements for project and client need.
- Project Production and Management – works with project managers to develop and maintain project work plans, schedules, quality plans and budgets. May individually manage or provide technical support on key projects.
- Marketing and client maintenance – with senior leadership and project managers, pursues new project opportunities for ROW services by maintaining contacts with current and prospective clients, and in evaluation of new clients/projects. May lead or participate in preparing project proposals and in project presentations.
- Contracts and financial – with assistance from senior leadership, assists in conducting contract negotiations with clients and subconsultants. Reviews and recommends project budgets. Provides input and recommendations regarding individual project financials with respect to write-offs and accounts receivable.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Education and Experience
- BS in Real Estate, Business Administration of other related field plus 10-12 years of professional right of way and/or real estate experience covering all of the following areas: appraisals, acquisition, relocation assistance, cost estimating, relocation assistance, parcel scheduling and property management. Without degree, 20 years experience.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and ability to visit properties, clients, attorneys and government agency offices
- Ability to analyze data and negotiate effectively
- Knowledge of state and federal procedures and statutes relative to the right of way practice
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company policy
- Right of way experience on assignments for the Florida Department of Transportation Professional Registration
- Licensed by the State of Florida Real Estate Commission and Appraisal board
- Added benefit – licensure in Georgia and North Carolina
Atkins - 11 months ago
Atkins is one of the world's leading engineering, design and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to...