Responsibilities include preparation, installation and support of Canrig's drilling monitoring instrumentation, RIGWATCH. The technician will also serve as the primary point of contact at the well site for the contractor and operator during the job. In addition, the technician will be required to market RIGWATCH to other operating drilling rigs in the assigned geographic region.
Experience as a rig electrician
• Responsible for the complete installation of RIGWATCH real-time data acquisition systems on drilling rigs.
• Responsible for the installation and aiming of Hughes™ Satellite systems and VOIP services.
• Responsible for performing surveys of drilling rigs to determine the required hardware configurations.
• Responsible for wiring and testing systems prior to installation.
• Responsible for Testing and troubleshooting data acquisition hardware and software after installation.
• Responsible for providing 24 hour on-call technical support of field installations.
• Responsible for customer relations and field sales of Canrig products and services.
• Responsible for inventory control of field equipment.
• Two or more years in the drilling industry is preferred.
• Prior working experience with computer hardware and software
• Experience with drilling instrumentation
• Working knowledge with Windows based software and hardware is required along with a basic understanding of electronics
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Prior oilfield computer experience
• Formal training in electronics or computer software/ hardware is valued.
Candidate will work in Colorado, Utah and/or Wyoming
Oil and gas exploration and production companies need a little support in order to ply their trade around the globe, and like a good...