2H Offshore is a leading engineering contractor specializing in the design, structural analysis and integrity management of riser and conductor systems for the offshore oil and gas industry. We have offices in many of the major offshore oil centers of the world, including Houston, London, Aberdeen, Kuala Lumpur, Rio de Janeiro, Perth and Beijing.
2H is a dynamic, fast growing company and our passion for engineering has enabled us to become a leader in our field. We have a young and vibrant culture and believe that our success depends on the quality and well-being of our people. We strive to employ the best people for the job and provide a fun working environment to make sure we have a top quality and motivated team.
The challenges involved in designing deepwater risers are considerable and require the application of cutting edge technology. We are seeking bright, talented individuals who can rise to this challenge and help us apply new ideas to real life industry problems. In return, we are committed to providing employees with continued training and development and rapid career progression in this exciting field.
A new position has arisen in our Houston office for a Riser Hardware Package Engineer.
The successful candidate will work within a team responsible for carrying out engineering design work and supporting calculations of riser components.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Activities will include preparation of component specifications; supplier and source selection.
- Supplier management and liaising on a daily basis.
- Instigate project kick-off meeting with Supplier.
- Review and schedule weekly and monthly reports.
- Review and approve Supplier documentation, such as Manufacturing Process/Plans/Procedures/Specifications, Quality Plans, Inspection and Test Plans (ITP), etc.
- Attend regular Supplier meetings to review schedule, NCRs, etc; Attend Supplier design review meetings.
- Manage and instigate qualification test programs (if applicable).
- Manage and monitor Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs).
- Manage manufacture and liaise with QA Manager with regard on-going inspection arrangement of 3rd party inspection (as required).
If you would like to discuss this position further, please send your inquiry to the email address above and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note whether or not you currently have the proper authorization to work in the United States. 2H Offshore cannot give you serious consideration for employment without this information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in mechanical, structural, ocean engineering, or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years industry experience with either direct project experience on Dry Tree Top Tensioned Riser hardware or extensive experience with subsea or surface wellhead systems/equipment.
- Living in, or willing and able to relocate to Houston, Texas.
2H Offshore - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard