Responsible for maintaining an effective Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program as directed by the ERM Manager and the Audit Director. Supports the business units in re-assessing their risks, and reviews/updates business unit risk/control self-assessments and documentation required for ERM. Educates business units on risk as appropriate. Works with the business units on the development of mitigation plans and follows up to determine if mitigation plan are progressing as needed. Tracks business unit risk assessments, mitigation plans and related ERM documentation in the ERM database, and compiles reports for ERM Manager and business unit management summarizing the status of control gaps and outstanding mitigation plans. Performs statistical analysis to identify and analyze areas of risk such as pricing and credit risk. Participates in special projects designed to manage/reduce JEA risk levels. Participates in reviewing project risk management processes for large projects. Reviews/analyzes and tracks risk metrics for hedging/fuels transactions. Works with the internal auditors on recommending risks to be tested and recording testing results in the ERM database.
Ensures effective coordination within process family and with other process owners.
Coaches and develops segment owners and process teams across the enterprise.
Develops and maintains effective and efficient workflow and ongoing operations, including process modifications as needed; communicates changes to other process owners and/or those impacted.
Identifies trends and sees that implementation of corrective action is complete as necessary; informs others.
Provides and maintains service level agreements to meet or exceed customer needs.
Provides leadership in meeting JEAs safety goals.
Drawing on process knowledge, formulates or assists in formulating policies which are applicable to bargaining unit employees.
Assists in the strategy, development, and preparation for the conduct of collective bargaining negotiations on behalf of the JEA.
Administers collective bargaining agreements, identifying and reporting implementation successes and deficiencies as they relate to the process.
May serve as JEAs representative at Civil Service Board hearings and may act as a consultant in support of process owner and /or representative of JEA management.
May assist in preparation for conducting collective bargaining unit negotiations, including participation by providing background, pertinent information, or perspective on JEAs interests. May also participate in negotiations.
Contributes to preparation and administration of budgets for individual contributor component of the process.
Makes significant contribution in personnel administration, employee relations and preparation of, or administration of budgets relation to process responsibilities.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of effectively managing both internal and external customer requirements and measurement criteria. Identifies and makes process improvements to better serve the customer. Establishes positive and collaborative relationships with all customers.
- Collaborates and works well with fellow team members. Fulfills all work assignments in a timely way. Works to resolve conflict when it occurs. Actively participates in team brainstorming and problem solving efforts.
- Demonstrates the capacity to manage changing priorities and ambiguity while remaining calm and controlled. Maintains direction and focus through proactive planning and organized approaches to work. Communicates a "can do" attitude and positive outlook minimizing negative behaviors.
- Accepts the fact that problems occur and are a normal part of business. Effectively works to eliminate root causes using TargetSmart and other JEA problem solving methods. Makes sure recommendations are linked to Corporate Scoreboard and other key business criteria.
- Clearly supports, communicates and takes personal ownership of JEAs business strategy and success criteria. Actively solicits opinion and perspective from all levels of the company. Will challenge the status quo to move the organization forward to the highest levels of achievement as measured by the Corporate Scoreboard.
Innovation and Creativity
- Develops and delivers clear, concise and logical verbal and written communications to all audience types. Clarifies, confirms and summarizes to ensure understanding. Provides candid feedback with sensitivity to others. Encourages and is open to other points of view.
- Develops and implements creative and innovative solutions to business problems. Encourages and expects others to think "out of the box" and not be limited by existing methods and procedures. Explains how proposed changes will create value for the customer and JEA alike.
Honesty and Trustworthiness
- Selects the right mix of interpersonal and technical skills when staffing a team. Ensures the team has the resources necessary to be successful. Leads and manages teams to achieve expected results. Makes sure team members have an understanding how the team contributes to the overall purposes of JEA.
Doing the Right Thing
- Is consistently honest and trustworthy in all business and personal transactions and supports and promotes those values in the organization overall. Follows through on the promises and commitments that he or she makes.
Personal Safety, Well Being and Development
- Ensures that his/her actions are consistent with the JEA core values while balancing the interests of all our various stakeholder groups including employees, customers, regulators, JEAs bond investors and the community. Encourages others to do the same.
- Takes personal responsibility for a safe work environment; demonstrates a concern for employee well being; promotes and supports the ongoing development of employees.
- Spends focused time providing two-way feedback on performance. Explains not only how something should be performed, but also why it will create value for JEA. Utilizes JEA business tools; e.g., Individual Managers Scorecard to provide valid and reliable information while coaching. Assists in the development of personal development plans.
- Is compelling and persuasive when engaged with individuals or teams inside and outside JEA. Backs up requests and recommendations with business facts and sound analysis. Demonstrates a bias for action to improve future performance.
EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
Experience: Three plus years successful experience in performing risk management, control analysis, statistical/data analysis, and/or commodities hedging/trading transactions.
Demonstrated knowledge and application of COSO framework, COSO ERM, and internal controls
Understanding of the electric, water, and wastewater business and supporting processes.
Demonstrated experience in risk/control assessment.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to be utilized in clear, concise report writing, verbal interaction with business unit management and internal auditors, and oral presentations.
Able to work effectively across processes to ensure effective handoff procedures, practices and measurements.
Demonstrated understanding and utilization of statistical tools for identifying and analyzing risk and probability (e. g. Monte Carlo simulations).
Knowledge of Continuous Monitoring, Control Self-Assessments, and/or Self-Testing programs.
Demonstrated experience in consulting skills and working proactively with internal customers.
Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve external and internal customer issues.
Demonstrated knowledge of commodities hedging/trading transactions and practices.
Demonstrated ability to input, organize and access data, perform analysis, and run reports on Sarbanes Oxley/risk type database.
JEA is an equal opportunity and equal access employer that provides a safe, drug-free environment for its workers. Under F.S. 295, preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans and eligible spouses. Veterans' preference in perpetuity: A person eligible for veterans' preference in appointment (defined by s. 295.07, FS) does not forfeit employment preference eligibility once that veteran or eligible spouse of the veteran has been employed by a state agency or any political subdivision of this state. Effective July 1, 2007, Florida law restores veterans' preference in employment for all categories of protected individuals previously employed by a state agency or any political subdivision of this state.
How To Apply
To be considered for this job opportunity, you must apply online at
. You must provide all required documents (e.g. High school diploma, GED equivalent, college transcripts, training documents, copies of professional licenses, DD214, etc) by attaching the documents to your electronic application by
11:59 p.m., Wednesday, April 24, 2013.
You can also fax your documents to 904-665-6192. Be sure to include a
with your name, date, and the position that you are applying for. If you do not submit required documentation prior to the close date for each position that you are applying for, you will not be considered.
As long as sparks are flying in Jacksonville, everything is A-OK with JEA. The community-owned, not-for-profit utility provides electricity...