Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Provide insurance advice to internal the firm employees and external lender individuals. Consult in approving insurance waivers at origination, and approve all after policy servicing waivers. Conduct audits/assessments on the lenders servicing of insurance. Recommend and apply updates and changes to the published insurance guidelines.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and manage efficient collection of insurance exposure data for physical assets and activities in the organization that can be insured.
- Collect, aggregate, and analyze data used for identifying, analyzing and managing risks for physical assets through appropriate levels of insurance or risk retention.
- Develop and maintain relationships with insurance carriers, insurance brokers, and other third party service providers. Track payments, claims, and performance by the insurer so the organization can make well-informed decisions about policy renewal.
- Provide technical assistance on insurance and risk of loss clauses in contracts with vendors of goods and services to protect the organization.
- Aggregate payments, claims, and other performance data on a quarterly or annual basis and analyze to report to operational risk management.
- Participate in the development, negotiation and analysis of insurance coverage for various insurance program renewals.
- Participate in the insurance claim reporting process, tracking and regulatory reporting.
- Review, analyze and propose responses to ad-hoc business requests for risk management and/or insurance input and guidance.
- Manage process for payment of premiums, losses and other department expenses
- Manage process for collection and repository of critical departmental documents
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- ARM (Associate in Risk Management), CRM (Certified Risk Manager) and/or CPCU (Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter) industry certifications preferred.
- 5 years progressive experience within corporate insurance risk management function
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Demonstrated analytical abilities
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 17 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...