Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in math, engineering, business, or the sciences.
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
The position requires two equivalent years of experience in analysis and technical management.
The analyst will:
• Facilitate Risk Workshops, advising the business of the commercial / financial risks and contingency;
• Understand the risk impacts from technical constraints (e.g., water depth, environmental conditions, seafloor geotechnical considerations, and production payload requirements);
• Plan and facilitate cost and schedule risk assessment dialogues;
• Work with team members and other stakeholders to quantify project risks;
• Assess and establish appropriate probability distributions for the risk model parameters;
• Analyze the risks and cost effectiveness of strategic solutions (e.g., possibilities for fast track development, financial and operational leasing and the requirement for installation equipment);
• Perform risk and uncertainty analysis using stochastic methods, such as Monte-Carlo analysis, and analyze project cost estimates, project schedules and establish confidence ranges comparing to project deterministic cost estimates, schedule, milestones, and other project plans;
• Analyze and interpret risk model outputs and produce cost and schedule risk assessment reports and communicate results to management.
• Support Projects in the facilitation of Risk and Opportunity Review Meetings; and
• Work with the team to review / validate risk assessment results.
The position requires a minimum of two years of relevant industry experience (pipeline, drilling, gas processing, oil/gas gathering, oilfield services, oil sands pipelines, natural gas pipeline and storage, transportation of refined petroleum products and CO2, terminal operations), preferably to include project risk management, complex contracts, large capital projects is preferred and a working knowledge of industry accepted risk management software (Monte Carlo simulation tools).
The ideal candidate will:
1. Be able to operate independently, but also in a team environment and share information with others;
2. Show initiative and have the ability to work on multiple tasks with changing deadlines and priorities in an environment with frequent interruptions;
3. Possess a professional demeanor with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
4. Be flexible with the ability to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers, and peers, and various Government and contractor personnel; and
5. Be able to lead workshops and conduct personal interview to support the elicitation of insight into project risks.
U.S. citizenship not required.
Create your application online for this job
Tecolote Research, Inc. - 30+ days ago