Kenrick Corporation (“Kenrick”) ( www.kenrickcorp.com ) is seeking a Risk Control Field Representative to join the Risk Control team of Kenrick. This position is located in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Kenrick is part of HCC Specialty (HCCS) ( www.hccspecialty.com ). HCCS is a division of HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. ("HCC Insurance"), comprised of HCC Specialty Underwriters, Inc. (HCCSU), Professional Indemnity Agency, Inc. (PIA) and HCC Public Risk.
HCC Specialty is a division of HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc., with its common stock trading on the NYSE (symbol: HCC) and is a leading international specialty insurance group with offices across the United States and in the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland. As of September 30, 2012, HCC had assets of $10.1 billion and shareholders' equity of $3.5 billion. HCC's major domestic and international insurance companies have financial strength ratings of "AA (Very Strong)" from Standard & Poor's Corporation, "A+ (Superior)" from A.M. Best Company, "AA (Very Strong)" from Fitch Ratings, and "A1 (Good Security)" from Moody's Investors Service, Inc.
HCCS underwrites a unique portfolio of specialty and niche products. These include: disability insurance for professional athletes and entertainers, kidnap & ransom, event cancellation for major sporting and entertainment events, earthquake insurance, special event liability, weather insurance, prize indemnity insurance, product recall insurance, primary and excess casualty insurance, various professional liability classes (including but not limited to employment practice liability and architects & engineers), various niche programs including public risk and lumber/logging.
The Risk Control Field Representative will report to the Vice President of Risk Control, Michigan Township Participating Plan.
Under supervision, the Risk Control Field Representative reviews insured entity applications and risk control file information to determine risk exposure. In addition, performs site visits, conducts research and prepares resource material to reduce risk exposure for insured entities. Incumbents in this position may provide services to various entities including The Michigan Township Participating Plan, Michigan Fairs and/or Alliance.
Relying on limited experience and knowledge, the Risk Control Field Representative is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments:
Review insured entity applications and risk control file information to determine exposure and compliance. Perform claims analysis to determine loss trends. Gather information by performing site interviews with public officials and public entity department heads. Make recommendations to reduce insured’s risk exposure by compiling narrative reports based on site visits and previous claim history. Monitor account compliance. Research and provide resource material and continuing education for policyholders to aid in managing liability exposure. Develop and present liability training seminars to organizations throughout the state of Michigan. Provide on-going technical assistance and training to policyholders, underwriting, agents and claims. Review Special Event and Firework Applications for the Michigan Township Participating Plans’ insured and underwriting. Review policies and procedures as well as contracts and agreements from an insurance liability standpoint. Attend Fire, EMS, and Law Enforcement committee meetings to assist in the development of forms, policies and procedures for assigned entities that reduce insured’s risk and improve work processes.
Minimum Training and Experience :
- Bachelors of Science degree in Human Resources, Criminal Justice, Public Administration or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Risk Management for Public Entities (RMPE) and/or equivalent insurance designation a plus
- Property and Casualty Agents License a plus
- Minimum of two years of relevant and progressive public risk control experience gained from working in the risk management or insurance industry with knowledge of risk control areas such as law enforcement, Fire, EMS and human resources, etc.
If your qualifications match these requirements, please send a COVER LETTER along with your resume including salary requirements/history to email@example.com . Please put in the subject line “Risk Control Field Representative”.
- Possess and have ability to apply knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon positive criminal background and credit checks.
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.hcc.com for more information about our companies.
Monster - 19 months ago