Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Risk Management Advisor for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Manages risk through one or more of the following activities: identification, evaluation, integration and documentation of risks and controls, risk analysis and research, insurance and/or risk program coordination, or consultation on risk mitigation plans. Independently performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem resolution.
- Leads the identification, evaluation, and documentation of risks and controls within complex business processes. Guides and influences risk owners in control development and monitors control testing. Educates risk owners on risk management best practices. May develop test plans and sampling methodology.
- Supports the key risk identification and assessment process for a line of business.
- Performs complex data analysis to determine or validate risk or loss causes and identify new risks. Researches best practices and
recommends process improvements for internal risk management.
- Reports on risk analysis and control testing results and produces process dashboards for business decision support. Advises management on potential risks and influences process changes.
- Coordinates and supports collaboration with all major stakeholder groups and programs. Manages consulting relationships with internal and external clients.
- ERM only: Leads multiple complex insurance program efforts of significant scope.
- Bachelors degree (or 6 years directly related work experience)
- 4+ years relevant risk management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable MicroSoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of risk management principles, tools and applicable systems.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of business or operational processes.
- Solid interpersonal, collaboration, facilitation and leadership skills.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Strong relationship, stakeholder management and ability to build lasting partnerships.
- Executive presence and ability to influence and advise senior leaders.
High sense of accountability and urgency.
- Engaging, fosters open communication and transparency, continuously encourages collaboration and innovation.
- Demonstrates effective use of critical thinking and problem solving techniques.
- Experience assessing processes and ability to formulate effective recommendations.
- Knowledge and experience with risk management processes, techniques and tools: risk and control assessment, business control incident analysis, risk appetite and tolerance, key risk indicators, etc.
- Knowledge of risk management frameworks: COSO, BASEL, Solvency, ISO.
- P&C industry experience and knowledge of best practices, underwriting experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of the internal and external audit, compliance and regulatory exam processes.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to develop and implement key initiatives.
- Ability to develop effective execution plans and deliver stretch assignments.
- Experience with Governance, Risk Management and Compliance systems.
- Good to have are professional designations (e.g. FRM, CPCU, CPA, CFA or CFP) Graduate level education (MBA).
- Experience facilitating risk management sessions/workshops.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
USAA - 19 months ago
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...