Supports the risk manager regarding all aspects of enterprise-wide risk management as well as the Company’s insurance program. Facilitates the identification of risk throughout the organization, developing, reporting and monitoring formats on risk management issues and developing methodologies for the assessment and quantification of risks throughout the organization. Develops, implements, and administers company property and casualty insurance programs.
Primary responsibilities would include:
- The analysis, quantification and modeling of enterprise risks
- Supporting annual enterprise risk assessment and the enterprise risk committee
- Providing risk management and insurance support related to the capture of new business
- Managing selected insurance program renewals
- The collection, analysis and presentation of insurance underwriting information and insurance application data
- Evaluating loss trends and developing related forecasts
Bachelors in related field and 6 years of relevant professional experience. 4 years of relevant experience with a Master's degree.
- Strong quantitative analysis and related analytical skills are highly desired
- Experience in a “heavy industry” environment
- CPCU, ARM or equivalent professional accreditation
- Motivated and sufficiently talented to achieve substantial career progression at HII
Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) designs, builds and maintains a variety of nuclear and non-nuclear ships for the U.S. Navy and builds high-endurance cutters for the U.S. Coast Guard. In addition, HII provides aftermarket services for military ships around the globe. For over a century, HII has been building more ships, in more ship classes, than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. Employing nearly 38,000 shipbuilders in Virginia, Mississippi, Louisiana and California, Huntington Ingalls Industries’ primary business divisions are Newport News Shipbuilding and Ingalls Shipbuilding.
HII is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc. - 24 months ago