Responsible for providing complex information and analyses to assist in the overall risk management process. Will define, develop and prepare routine and ad hoc reports on the Bank's risk position for senior management, the Board of Directors, and Bank regulators; also responsible for collecting information and preparing risk management reports for our parent company. Analyze Bank and Holding Company level data for significant trends and possible areas of risk; prepare narrative and graphical summaries.
1. Plans, organizes and implements large, long-term projects.
2. Assists with the enhancement of the Risk Management Information System to ensure that data is complete, accurate and internally consistent.
3. Assists with identifying sources for obtaining and testing new data elements required for portfolio management and/or regulatory reporting.
4. Develops and maintains reports for senior management, the Board of Directors and regulators about the Bank's overall risk profile.
5. Performs special studies to present to management; and develops concise and actionable recommendations.
7. Provides information and analyses to other units.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Req Education or Equivalent Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Five to seven years of experience in credit risk management and/or financial reporting, preferably in the financial services industry
Field of Experience
• Knowledge of credit risk management and/or financial reporting, regulatory and management reporting as it pertains to the credit portfolio
• Experience in Excel, Crystal, Visual Basic and SQL preferred
• Quantitative and statistical background
• Experience in developing and maintaining large databases
• Experience in project management
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to manage multiple projects
• Analytical and research skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Personal computer skills
• Management and Presentation skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Quantitative and statistical skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• No supervisory responsibility
• Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...