Mechanical Drafter (Temporary) (Job Number: 318609)
The Maritime System Solutions Division (MSSD) is looking for an experienced mid-level Mechanical Drafter. This position is a “Temporary” position with a length of assignment at approximately 3 - 6 months. Job location: Lynwood, WA.
Develop basic to moderately complex drawings for mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic equipment after the initial design concepts and/or models have been developed by engineering staff.
- Minimum Education Level: Associates Degree or equivalent, 5 years’ experience.
- Proficient in use of SolidEdge, preferably ST4
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASME 14.100-2004 or an equivalent Engineering Drawing Practices standard.
- Demonstrated familiarity with ASME Y14.5M Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Prior experience applying American Welding Society specifications on drawings.
- Experience with assemblies and assembly structure.
- Able to read, interpret, and use DOD standards and customer-supplied documentation.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and capable of self-checking for completeness and accuracy of work produced.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- Flexible, cooperative, “can do” attitude
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Nov 27, 2012, 3:51:26 PM
Primary Location: United States-WA-LYNNWOOD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...