The Risk Management Analyst supports risk reduction through risk assessment, trend analysis, claims management, and promotion of patient safety. Identifies risk trends and establishes processes for addressing identified issues. Participates on committees directed toward promoting risk reduction and patient safety.
1. Analyzes incidents or unexpected occurrences for claim potential.
2. Facilitates the Root Cause Analysis process for sentinel events.
3. Participates in pre-suit investigations and support legal counsel.
4. Manages Midas+ databases for Legal Affairs and Patient Safety and Advocacy Services.
5. Participates as a Disclosure Team member for the Values Based Disclosure and Claims Management process.
6. Assists with Risk Assessments.
7. Performs reporting in compliance with CMS and other agency regulations.
8. Performs in-service education/presentations on risk reduction and patient safety to both small and large groups.
9. Establishes a course of action for self and others to accomplish specific goals; plan proper assignments, and effective and efficient allocation of resources.
1. Registered Nurse license in the State of Michigan
2. Bachelors degree in a related field
3. Acute Care hospital experience
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Computer skills and comfort with learning new computer systems.
6. An ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
7. Public speaking skills for presentations to small and large groups.
8. Excellent organizational skills.
1. Minimum of three years risk management experience
2. CPHRM certification
1. Unpredictable environment with wide variations in the types of patients and acuity levels, varying conditions regarding temperature control and potential exposure to hazardous materials.
2. Normal hazards associated with healthcare environment.
3. Must be physically capable of standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Allegiance Health - 2 years ago