Market Risk Management Analyst
The Market Risk Management Analyst is responsible for daily assessments of the various risk exposures of CME's clearing firms, analyzing how those exposures could impact the Clearing House, and generating reports to CME Clearing House senior management. This person continually analyzes the CME financial safeguards to ensure that performance bonds, security deposits, internal clearing firm thresholds, and other protections are adequate. The role has significant interactions with the Financial, Operations, and Systems Development departments in the Clearing House. The Market Risk Analyst needs to be able to gain proficiency in SPAN margining and other risk algorithms and assists in evaluating better ways to margin new products across many different asset classes.
In addition to intraday and end of day market risk analysis, this role will be expected to work on projects across functional groups in order to continuously improve Clearing House Risk Management systems. This role requires a good understanding of the futures markets in general with a background in the agricultural commodity markets. The candidate needs a good understanding of common market risk methodologies such as VaR, SPAN, stress testing, liquidity risk, and concentration risk. This position also requires a good amount of direct customer interaction. This role requires the ability to work both independently and collectively with several divisions across CME to deliver high quality results for high priority and time sensitive projects. Projects often require independent thinking and taking initiative to fully define the problem and recommend solutions.
• BA or BS in a business/financial field
• 1-2 years’ experience involved in a market risk management or related area involved in agricultural commodity trading.
• Must possess demonstrated quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work flexibly in a team environment
• Expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to articulate complex concepts to senior management on a regular basis
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
- The most advanced trading technology;
- Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
- A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
- A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
CME Group - 14 months ago