The Risk Management Analyst is primarily responsible for timely and accurate review and analysis of contractual language for new construction projects. This position determines the appropriate risk transfer, risk financing and/or risk mitigation techniques considered necessary for each project. This is a highly visible position that requires interaction with Project Executives, Estimators, Division Management, Legal, CFO and McCarthy’s broker.
• Review and analysis of Bid Documents and Specifications for new contracts.
• Prepare detailed Memo and Executive Summary upon completion of review of bid documents for Sr. Management.
• Review insurance coverage issues related to construction contracts, lease agreements, subcontract agreements and consultant agreements with Corporate Legal, Division Management and Construction Project Management.
• Initiate and direct the appropriate insurance pricing and coverage recommendations for all new bids & projects.
• Create insurance bid specifications that can be marketed by the company’s insurance broker, to provide appropriate coverage on a project specific basis and/or company wide.
• Evaluate Owner supplied coverage’s, i.e., builders’ risk, property and wrap, as well as Project specific and Subcontractor furnished insurance policies for gaps in coverage and recommended alternatives and solutions.
• Assist the broker with the implementation and management of company sponsored Contractor Controlled Insurance Programs (CCIPs), including the ongoing financial evaluation of programs as well as the roll out and monitoring of the program at the project site.
• Assist with completing all required insurance applications for coverage renewals.
• Assist in the review and comparison of all McCarthy purchased insurance policies.
• Assist with the compilation/development of data for the company’s annual renewal of the property and casualty insurance program.
• Compile and maintain statistical reports as required.
• Minimum of 5 yrs. experience in a similar role for a Contractor, Broker, or Insurance Co.
• Insurance designations a plus, e.g., CPCU, ARM, CRIS.
• Experience within the Industrial, Civil and Buildings sectors of the construction industry.
• Four year degree in related field preferred.
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to provide a high level of service to our internal and external customers.
• Understanding of construction industry insurance products and terminology.
• Experience with large deductible insurance programs.
• Knowledge and ability to review and provide contractual analysis.
• Strong computer and financial skills.
• Claims handling and negotiations experience a plus.
McCarthy - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard