The foundation of Adolfson & Peterson Construction is
our people. We are looking for a client-focused Risk
Management Principal with initiative and drive to join
our Shared Services team. This role offers the
opportunity to work for an industry leader and have a
direct impact on driving our business.
The Risk Management Principal is a shared services role
responsible for administering and facilitating
communications and best practices of master project and
subcontractor agreements as well as the company’s
comprehensive insurance and risk management programs.
The position reports directly to the CFO with matrix
reporting relationships to the regions. The successful
candidate may office from any of Adolfson & Peterson’s
six regional offices.
This is a new position at A&P with primary job
accountabilities in the areas of corporate risk
management, contracts/agreements/controls, insurance
procurement, and claims management/adjudication.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Facilitate and/or conduct enterprise risk management
research and analysis; identify and assess areas of
potential risk exposure.
2. Mitigate risks and losses though recommendation and
implementation of effective business strategies for risk
reduction and loss prevention across all regions and
3. Deliver education and training regarding risk
management programs, policies, and practices.
4. Build and maintain the company’s repository of
standard master client and subcontractor agreements.
5. Coordinate and manage vendor insurance coverage and
compliance programs, including contract risk allocation,
indemnity, named insured and certificate compliance.
6. Partner with the Company’s safety personnel to
effectively manage occupational health and safety
controls to lower insurance program costs and ensure
that remedial measures are in place to mitigate the
recurrence of future accidents.
7. Administer corporate insurance programs for all lines
of coverage including, builder’s risk, general
liability, Subguard, professional liability, property
and casualty, and workers compensation.
8. Allocate and analyze program costs.
9. Support legal and claims administration partners with
research, audit, and communication.
10. Corporate liaison with surety claims personnel
regarding payment bond claims management
11. Subcontractor matters, including the defaults of
subs and coordinating the surety or Subguard claims
12. Reviews and evaluates potential insurance litigation
matters involving the Company or clients to assess
whether to settle or defend. Prepares and refers
litigation to outside counsel when necessary and
monitors and reviews their performance.
finance, insurance or a related discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration,
contract administration, staff counsel –
- 9+ years professional experience in insurance,
construction background is preferred; risk
management certification is a plus.
insurance requirements, administer master contracts,
- Demonstrated capability to understand project
and evaluate and negotiate coverages.
demonstrated ability to establish trusted,
- Excellent leadership and communication skills;
- Proactive organized approach to process and problem
- Self-starter with the ability to set goals and
Word, Windows, Excel.
- Excellent computer applications capabilities with
documentation and compliance.
- General understanding of legal contract
**No Phone Calls Please**
**No Outside Agencies**
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Opportunity
Req. Code : 373
Division/Department : A&P
Adolfson & Peterson - 20 months ago