A'viands Food & Services Management is seeking an experience Risk Manager to oversee all aspects of risk, loss prevention and workers’ compensation functions and initiatives by developing and carrying out procedures and programs that effectively control accident and health exposures in the multi-state company and minimize Company liability and OSHA citations. The areas of risk include workers’ compensation, fleet liability and general/product liability. Also manage the vehicle (company and non-company owned) program.
- Develop, maintain and manage Company’s workers’ compensation and loss prevention programs, including but not limited to required safety training, slip-resistant shoe program, safety-related incentive programs, safety committees, etc.
- Establish standards and procedures for all matters relating to risk and workers’ compensation.
- Manage claim investigations, settlements, and litigation.
- Ensure compliance of all federal, state and local safety and workers’ compensation laws for each State Company is located in.
- Develop, implement and manage accident-prevention and loss-control systems and programs for incorporation in to operation polices of the organization.
- Compile, analyze and interpret statistical data related to exposure factors concerning occupational illnesses and accidents and prepare reports.
- Communicate with injured employees, maintaining relationships, situation control and positive employee relations.
- Determine and counsel managers on rehabilitation, employment counseling, etc. to ensure the most cost-effective method of returning employees to work.
- Communicate with Food Service Directors, District Managers, Executives, etc. on worker’s compensation/safety results, high claim amounts, etc.
- Identify and appraise conditions which could produce accidents and financial losses and evaluate the potential extent of resulting injuries.
- Conduct facility safety site assessments. Report on findings and ensure follow up action plans are developed and executed.
- Analyze medical bills and authorizes payments as appropriate.
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of safety/accident records.
- Manage claims regarding auto, customer, etc.
- Lead office ergonomics and emergency response programs.
- Responsible for company vehicle and insurance records.
- Develop and maintain pre/post motor vehicle records checks and files.
- Ensure DOT (Dept of Transportation) compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years risk management and workers’ compensation experience
- Multi-state experience preferred.
- Hospitality experience a plus.
- 4 year degree required.
- Travel required (25-35%).
- Strong motivation and initiative.
- Strong ability to influence teams at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to be self-driven, forward thinking and strategic.
- Ability to lead through change.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and HRIS applications.
A'viands is based in Roseville, Minnesota and provides services to senior living facilities, nursing homes, correctional facilities, colleges, and universities, school districts and business dining facilities in the Midwest and Southwest. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!
A’viands is a food management firm founded by William J. Benzick in 2003, providing a full range of services throughout multiple...