The Risk Management Services Strategic Leader designs, develops and executes on the strategy for providing exceptional nationwide risk management services which in turn elevates our agents and drives policyholder attraction and retention in alignment with the goals and objectives of Underwriting, Claims and the Company overall.
Develops and executes on a strategy for continually improving risk management services to policy-holders.
• Keeps abreast of LOB and corporate strategy and identifies opportunities for expanding services in a cost effective manner; develops strategic and operational plans to execute.
• Develops and monitors quantitative and qualitative metrics to measure Risk Management Services’ effectiveness, analyzes the results and makes changes/recommendations as appropriate
• Develops and monitors staffing metrics to maintain appropriate staffing levels to meet customer needs, execute effectively on strategy and operational plans and fulfill the ICW Group brand promise.
• Creates and implements department initiatives and programs that elevate our policyholders’ agents, resulting in increased efficiencies and/or improved service.
• Prepares and adheres to the department’s annual budget
• Identifies providers and supervises fee company services for Workers’ Comp, Property and Earthquake surveys to supplement field staff.
Provides inspirational leadership to entire RMS team of professionals through effective communication, recognition and engagement to create a positive team member experience.
• Develops and maintains an effective communication plan that unifies the field personnel and creates a team atmosphere
• Develops and executes on department recognition programs that are valued and viewed as credible by team members
• Utilizes results of Team member surveys and feedback to identify and execute on improved engagement and retention of talent.
Develops and manages the Risk Management Services leadership team in the performance of their daily activities.
• Assigns projects and manages resources and results
• Sets performance expectations, team and individual goals and timelines in alignment with department management
• Provides regular feedback and coaching to team members
• Mentors and develops training to further their skills, knowledge and professional practice; creates and monitors development plans
• Provides organization and skill development training to new team members
• Prepares and conducts performance evaluations
• Hires, fires, prepares disciplinary actions and executes on other supervisory responsibilities for his/her direct reports
Serves as a liaison between Underwriting, Claims, Agency Partners and Clients to promote effective communication and ensure account servicing standards are achieved.
• Collaborates with line of business leaders to align the Risk Management departments’ goals, initiatives and standards with the partner departments’ overall strategy
• Resolves large and complex recommendation disputes with clients, agency partners and the Company
• Provides sales support by attending pitch meetings, claims reviews or other client-facing meetings; provides insight and expertise to enhance the ICW Group brand.
Develops a technology plan and manages department technology and information needs including the Workload Management System, RMRx and other systems and platforms that enhance service provider capability
• Determines business needs and partners with technology team to identify appropriate tools to elevate the customers and provide effective services.
• Insures integration of RMS tools with other ICW System tools to provide a seamless customer experience and consistency of applications.
• Stays abreast of cutting edge advances within RMS discipline and recommends changes/purchases of new tools/technology
Serves as the subject matter expert in Risk Management to all constituencies
• Assists Managers, Supervisors and team members with technical issues
• Provides education and expertise to internal and external partners and customers
• Establishes a visible professional profile associated with ICW Group as a SME by writing articles, speaking at conferences, serving on professional boards or committees or providing expertise in other public forums frequented by our customers or industry colleagues.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Professional Engineer in Safety (PE), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Associate in Loss Control Management (ALCM), Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS), Certified Hazard Control Manager (CHCM), or an equivalent recognized safety designation. Additional certifications in Hazardous Materials, Hazard Control Management, or similar fields are highly desirable. Valid, current driver's license is required.
Masters Degree in Business, Leadership or equivalent discipline desirable.
Must have demonstrated results in a strategic leadership role (Director or above) developing a nationwide risk management services unit to including skills in visioning, business planning, execution and talent management. Typically would have no less than 10-15 years experience in the insurance/safety industry with a fast progression in successively responsible leadership roles.
Excellent customer service and computer skills with extensive knowledge of Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Microsoft Outlook. Must be technologically proficient with systems and social media used in the Safety/Insurance industry.
Must be able to prepare effective presentations for a variety of purposes.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute moderately complex calculation and to create and interpret charts, graphs and other data tools Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
ICW Group - 6 months ago