Responsible for fraud risk management, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance and overall risk management relating to client accounts. Manages the Risk Management Department by directing staff, planning, implementing and maintaining Risk Management, BSA and AML standards.
• Staff Management
• Maintain appropriate staff level
• Selection of new employees
• Communicate job expectations
• Coach, monitor, evaluate and discipline staff
Minimize Losses and Reduce Fraud
• Ensure that portfolios are monitored and adjust approval guidelines when needed
• Manage the promotion of loss prevention activities, training and communication of fraud trends
• Develop, maintain and review policies, procedures and practices to reduce frequency, severity and predictability of fraud and losses
• Ensure that action is taken on possible loss or fraud situations in a timely and efficient manner
Manage the Bank’s BSA Anti-Money Laundering Activities
• Develop, maintain and review policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with all BSA laws and regulations.
• Ensures the analysis of accounts having activity that appears unusual, including by not limited to the following sources: monitoring system, reports, branch referrals, new accounts, subpoenas, 314(a)requests
• Ensures the documentation of all findings in centralized case management system.
• Recommends a course of action to Senior Management and the BSA Officer based on an analysis of the findings.
• Communicate with management in other areas on CDD/EDD deficiencies detected during the account monitoring process.
• Perform complex investigations related to potential money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, drug trafficking, tax evasion and OFAC related cases.
• Perform complex investigations of the Bank’s High-Risk customers and products.
• Assist in alert tuning exercises to enhance the effectiveness of the AML monitoring system.
• Review and approve Suspicious Activity Reports.
• Oversee quality assurance and service level standards for new accounts and credit cards
• Manage the regular review and analysis of staff and system output
Evaluate high level requests (above Risk Analyst and Risk Manager authorization level) and exceptions to policy
• Evaluate and decision Local Availability requests, Deposit Accounts, Debit Cards, Private Overdraft Protection (PRA), PRA Increases and increases to External Transfer limits, Credit Card applications and Credit Limit increases, Bill Pay, Over-Drafts and Loan applications
Reduce charge-offs and delinquencies
• Identify deteriorating credit situations and implement action plans
• Monitor Overdraft, Delinquency and various high risk reports
Report to senior management on credit portfolio and losses
• Chair the Direct Bank Credit Committee
• Prepare credit report for Senior Credit Committee
• Sit on Senior Credit Committee as a representative of the Direct Bank
• Recommend changes to credit policy
Comply with Federal, State and Local legal and law enforcement requirements with bank operations
• Study related legislation and enforce adherence to requirements
• Follow established policies and procedures and assure timely changes and modifications as warranted
• Implement and enforce procedural changes
• Advise management on necessary actions
Maintain Customer Confidence and Protect Bank operations
• Adhere to all the rules and regulations of the Privacy Protection act
• Adhere to the rules and regulations of the Patriot Act
Contribute to the overall efforts of the EverBank
• Participate in Senior Management planning initiatives
• Support Mergers and Acquisitions
• Member of projects team for strategic initiatives including new product development, system implementations and system upgrades.
• Complete projects on time and within budget
• Assists senior management with various projects, tasks, and routine issues as they arise.
• Maintain and prioritize multiple projects with minimal supervision.
• Review and approve Business Requirement Documents, determining which requirements are the highest priority for implementation, and managing change.
Training and Experience
• Be able to delegate tasks and ensure that team members and managers deliver when expected.
• Be able to effectively make decisions and interact with cross-functional teams on a regular basis, as well as under pressure situations.
• Problem solver.
• Must have the following traits in no order of priority
• Initiative, perseverance, and compatibility
• Discipline, trainability, and judgment
• Loyalty, leadership, and maturity
• Candidate must be a good self-manager, highly self-motivated individual.
• Proven leadership skills, strong analytical and research skills, advanced computer skills (MS Windows - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Large project management experience in banking or financial services preferred
• Previous experience directing operations with broad range of staff levels
• Expertise with consumer laws and regulations
• CRCM or other related certification required or must be obtained within 6 months
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• BA/BS Degree in related field required and 5+ years in a Management position or 10+ years in a Management position
• 15+ years experience in a banking, credit, fraud, investigation or law enforcement environment
• Strong knowledge of Banking, BSA, CIP, KYC, AML and OFAC
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
• Assessment Screening
• Credit Check
• Criminal Background Check
• Drug Screen – after offer of employment is extended and before start date
• Past Employment Verification
• Social Security Verification
EverBank Financial and its subsidiaries provide a range of financial services including banking, investment services, lending, commercial...