The candidate will assist the Head of Risk Review and Credit Policy Team in the Risk Review / Credit Policy group in carrying out their duties, primarily assisting in new credit risk rating model and loss given default model research, coordination with internal credit risk teams, external vendors, supply management etc. The individual will be responsible for tracking all rating model related recommendation from team’s risk reviews, validation, regulatory reviews, internal audit, updating relevant policies procedures, self-assessment against internal and regulatory policies. Additional responsibilities will include rating variance analysis, enhancing the rating variance framework, update of credit policies, regulatory projects and other analyses or reporting as required.
- Evaluate, testing, implementing and updating rating models across a broad range of sectors. Including annual review of rating models, implementing recommendations from risk reviews, validation, internal audit, self-assessments, regulators, etc.
- Co-ordinate model reviews and updated with internal model developers, validation, IT, external vendors, supply management and other relevant stake holders.
- Ensure rating models and rating approach meets standards and requirements established by the bank key regulators, FRB, FSA and FINMA, by conducting periodic self-assessment against internal policies and external requirements.
- Review quarterly ratings variance reports to highlight differences between internal and external/model ratings, and provide qualitative analysis on the differences. Present findings to senior CRM management.
- Assist in developing training material for credit analysts and officers on new credit policy requirements, regulatory requirements and rating models.
- Update credit policies, guidelines, and procedures in line with internal processes, industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in planning for risk reviews, including developing samples preparing package for review by senior team members and coordinating onsite reviews with regional teams.
- Additional credit risk and regulatory projects as assigned.
Credit Suisse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
- 2 to 4 years of risk management experience, preferable within a financial, non-bank financial, rating agency, consulting, audit environment.
- Understanding of fundamental or credit risk management, probability of default concept and credit rating methodologies.
- Solid understanding of finance, accounting, banking products and capital markets products. This can be evidenced through academic background or relevant work experience.
- Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The preferred candidate should have an undergraduate degree or professional qualification in a business or quantitative subject matter.
To the extent permitted or required by applicable law, a candidate who is offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check and other background checks.
Credit Suisse (USA) is one of the top US investment banks, offering advisory services on mergers and acquisitions, raising capital,...