FedEx Freight, Inc.
Pick up and deliver trailers between Service Centers and/or turn-point locations via tractor-trailer combinations.
- Operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and triples, where applicable)
- Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment
- Hook/unhook trailers and converter dollies to/from a tractor and/or trailer
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Maintain accurate daily logs
- Comply with hazardous material regulations and procedures
- Follow dispatch instructions and communicate with dispatch (e.g. delays, arrivals, equipment problems), as required
- Demonstrate internal and external customer service
- May be required to perform chaining of vehicle tires
- May be required to perform job duties of a city driver or a dock employee where operationally necessary
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Load and unload freight as required
- Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Must possess a class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with double/triple, hazardous materials and tank endorsements
- Must posses one (1) year experience within most recent three (3) years or successful completion of FedEx Freight Driver Development Course
- Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards
- Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations
- Long combination vehicles (LCV) (i.e. Triple Trailers, Rocky Mountain Doubles, and Turnpike Doubles) are operated in the states of AZ, CO, FL, ID, IN, KS, MT, ND, NV, OH, OK, OR, SD and UT. LCV Drivers in these states must meet the Long Combination Vehicles (LCV) Qualification and Certification Minimum Standards
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Ability to lift/carry hand freight weighing up to 100 pounds several times a week.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...