Under general supervision, performs road construction, road and bridge maintenance activities including: gravel and pavement resurfacing, repair and or maintenance of potholes, guardrails, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, storm and sanitary sewer systems, and other facilities within the public right of way, snow and ice removal and tree trimming or removal.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
· Operates heavy equipment in the grading of new roads and the resurfacing of existing roadways.
· Installs and maintains culverts, storm drains and other related structures.
· Hauls materials and transports vehicles and equipment to job sites using various trucks.
· Installs repairs and replaces guardrails.
· Constructs and repairs curbs, gutters and sidewalks.
· Installs and maintains fences.
· Removes driftwood and other debris under bridges and culverts to avoid restricted water flow.
· Operates equipment for grass and weed mowing.
· Cleans cross culvert and driveway pipes with high-pressure water equipment.
· Repairs potholes on roadways using hand and power tools.
· Performs manual labor by clearing debris from culverts and roadways.
· Performs traffic control activities during hazardous road conditions.
· Performs maintenance and minor repairs to various equipment.
· Maintains daily equipment logs.
· Performs tree-trimming and removal within the right of way.
· Operates heavy equipment in the removal of snow and ice from roadways.
· Responds to emergency call-outs resulting from severe weather, chemical spills or major accidents.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· One (1) year of experience in the construction and maintenance of road related facilities including but not limited to tree removal, snow removal and bridge repair.
· A valid State of California class ‘A’ commercial driver’s license with tanker and airbrake endorsements.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· Work is performed primarily in an outdoor environment.
· May be required to lift and carry items more than 50 pounds.
· May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, hazardous chemicals, extreme weather conditions and infectious diseases.
Butte County, CA - 13 months ago