Road Service Technician
This work entails diversified repair, maintenance, non-structural welding (no certification required), and fabrication on DUECO or customer equipment at customer’s facility, job site or DUECO service facility. Work may be performed under difficult conditions using a wide variety of tools and instruments. Extensive knowledge of, and/or experience with, mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical principles necessary.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Apply product knowledge to observe and listen to operating machinery to detect malfunctions.
- Visually inspect hydraulic lines and components to detect leaks, damage, and wear.
- Read pressure gauge and flow meter to detect abnormal oil pressure and flows and smell to detect abnormalities in hydraulic system.
- Depress buttons, flip switches, and move levers to turn machinery on and off.
- Turn valves to release pressure from hydraulic system and disconnect hydraulic supply and return lines using hand tools.
- Remove and replace defective accumulator and variable pumps using hand tools.
- Connect charging assembly to accumulator and fill accumulator bladder with nitrogen gas to recharge accumulator, following specifications.
- Replace worn or damaged hydraulic components such as hydraulic oil lines, fittings, cylinders, servo—valves, pressure—release valves, gaskets, pumps, and seals using hand tools.
- Disassemble mechanical hydraulic system and remove and replace defective actuator, pump bearings, and pump motor using hand tools and hoist.
- Observe operation of machinery and equipment to verify repairs.
- Perform routine maintenance following schedule, such as changing filters and performing inspections using hand tools.
- Disassemble defective hydraulic components such as pumps, cylinders, and accumulator at workbench, and rebuild or repair components.
- Install hydraulic lines on new trucks and equipment.
- Follow blueprints, schematics, and other written and verbal specifications.
- Remove small quantities of fiberglass and plastic using hand files or portable grinders, to clean parts or to produce a close fit between parts.
- Drill, tap, or ream holes, using drill press or portable drill.
- Align components, bolts, and screws, and rivet them together, using hand tools or portable power tools.
- Complete time card, time sheet, requisitions, and Work / Change orders on a daily basis.
- Complete driver logs when on the road.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoist, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Review work order and related manuals, blueprints, and schematic diagrams to determine tasks to be performed and tools, equipment, and parts needed for installation of repair assignment.
- Test electrical components, such as wiring, switches, and relays using testing instruments, and replace faulty components using hand tools.
- Bolt, clamp, and tack—welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions and adjust amperage, voltage, and speed during joining to assure required weld deposit.
- Train customer staff in operation of trucks and hydraulic related equipment.
- Pass employer performance test, possess commercial driver’s license, and meet Department of Transportation requirements.
- Operate standard shift truck.
- Good people skills a must.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/Or Experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- The equivalent of five years experience.
- Responsibility for product quality.
- Ability to solve problems when they arise.
- Ability to organize and plan
- Working safely and efficiently.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language.
Dueco - 24 months ago