The job is to perform service and repairs on material handling and/or aerial rental equipment.
- Diagnose and repairs to: liquid propane, gas and diesel engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems, brakes, steering systems, electrical systems, etc.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance.
- Build, rebuild and repair all parts of industrial material handling and other related equipment.
- Diagnose any mechanical, electrical, other breakdown or failure.
- Troubleshoot and perform failure analysis of the components parts and systems.
- Perform equipment inspections.
- Read precision instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, bored gauges, etc.
- When applicable use welding skills.
- Other duties may be assigned
- High School diploma or GED & 2 years of related equipment maintenance and repair.
- Must furnish own tools.
- Ability to read precision instruments.
- Valid drive license.
- Mechanical or trade school certificate preferred.
- Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience preferred.
Position requires frequent bending, occasional heavy lifting and ability to work in cramped spaces. Job may require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs. at least once a day. Heavy local travel required.
The business at Briggs Equipment is picking up. The company is the largest distributor of NACCO's Yale-brand forklifts. It supplies...