Reports to the supervisor, maintenance. Responsible for assuring all road and grounds equipment is kept operational and assigned areas are maintained in a neat and clean condition in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and Management & Training Corporation (MTC) directives.
1. Order material to perform work; prepare the required paperwork to reflect cost, use of materials and other data for accounting purposes.
2. Provide guidance and work assignments for other maintenance roads and grounds staff.
3. Repair. Maintain, and assure all roads and grounds equipment is kept operational.
4. Mow, trim and edge all grass areas; water grass & flower bed areas; use insecticides & herbicides as appropriate.
5. Perform general cleanup of grounds to include debris, tree limbs, etc.
6. Operate all ground equipment and machinery to include front end loaders, tractors, lawn mowers, and edger.
7. Operate in a safe manner and wear proper safety equipment while operating machinery; perform preventative maintenance checks on equipment; train student assistants on safety practices and assure use of protective equipment.
8. Install and repair sprinklers and associated lawn watering equipment.
9. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
10. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
11. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
12. Promote the development of career success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions
13. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school education or general equivalency diploma (GED) and one year experience. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation - 2 years ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...