Open Position Announcement: County Extension Agent – Family and Consumer Sciences
Headquarters : Conyers, GA County: Rockdale
Position Available: November 1st, 2013
This position is responsible for coordinating the Family and Consumer Sciences program in the geographic area offering programs about food safety, parenting, money management, nutrition, and related subject matter areas.
Qualifications: This position requires:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Family and Consumer Sciences, Nutrition, Food Science/Safety, Health, Human Development, Financial Management, Housing, or related area (Master’s degree strongly preferred)
- Successful experience in program development and management, demonstrated communication ability as well as skills in leadership and management, and
- The ability to design, coordinate, and teach educational programs to meet community needs, relate to diverse audiences, and a demonstrated ability to multi-task, serve as a team member and work with groups and committees.
Administrative Relationships: - This position serves as a UGA Public Service Faculty Member and a member of the Rockdale County Extension Staff ( http://extension.uga.edu/about/county/county.cfm?pk_id=298 ). It is under the direction and leadership of the Rockdale County Extension Coordinator and the Northwest District Extension Director.
- Utilizes the expertise of advisory groups, community leaders, public officials and representatives of intended audiences to analyze data, identify needs and assist in developing nutrition education programs
- Develops plan of work that meets the needs of families in work group counties.
- Develops and conducts relevant interdisciplinary programs with other staff members based on critical issues
- Collaborates with other agencies and community groups to implement programs
- Conducts promotional efforts to expand the public’s knowledge of Extension programs
- Utilizes current research data and information on emerging issues in program development and teaching
- Demonstrates personal interest and involvement in community by participating in and supporting civic/community activities/organizations and networking with community leaders
- Develops and presents educational information targeted for different audiences; assists with 4-H youth development competitions and events associated with FACS issue areas
- Ensures the Civil Rights/Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action plan of UGA Cooperative Extension is followed in assigned program responsibilities and that clientele understand that Extension offers educational programs, assistance, and materials to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability
- See www.caes.uga.edu/intranet/coextopr/pdfs/coextagentjd.pdf for a generic listing of other responsibilities.
- This position requires frequent night meetings, some weekend work, and attendance at out-of-county meetings. A valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle for official duty travel are required. Authorized travel expenses are reimbursed.
Salary & Benefits: $40,400/year for Master’s Degree (Bachelor’s $34,500) in appropriate subject area as well as an excellent benefits package is available as a faculty member of the University of Georgia.
Application Procedures : To ensure consideration, your application must be received in UGA Human Resources’ iPAWS system by August 20, 2013. Apply online at https://www.ugajobsearch.com/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_c... (or select “County Extension Agents” tab). Mail original transcripts and direct any questions to: UGA CAES Business Office, HR - 203B Conner Hall, Athens, GA 30602, Phone: (706) 542-1147, email@example.com
Agriculture and Natural Resources · Family and Consumer Sciences · 4-H Youth
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution
Institution Employment Link:
CIP Discipline Code:
Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences, General
Business Family And Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences
Foods, Nutrition, And Wellness Studies, General
Agricultural And Food Products Processing
Food Technology And Processing
The University System of Georgia
- 2 years ago - save job