This position is not limited to those duties listed in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or deleted to meet business needs of the company.
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Strip and make beds, changing bed linens which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 50lbs.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash.
- Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
- Sign for room keys, push and restock heavy cart to and from assigned rooms.
- Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.
- Expedite special guest requests, such as extra towels, blankets or pillows.
- Report all suspicious persons or actions, hazardous conditions, etc. to the Security Department.
- Turn is all items found in employee’s working area to Hotel Lost and Found department.
- Respond to guests questions. Provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting Houseperson when necessary.]
- Some housekeeping experience preferred.
- Understanding in both written and oral of the English language.
- Ability to push or pull heavy equipment up to 100lbs.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, as well as guests.
- Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of minimum of 14 rooms as specified by management.
Employees working the Casino or Bowling Center may be exposed to second-hand smoke and moderate levels of noise.