Room Attendant: The Courtyard Marriott San Diego Central hotel in Kearny Mesa is looking for high energy, enthusiastic people to join their Housekeeper team.
Supervisor’s Title: Director of Housekeeping
The purpose of this position is to maintain cleanliness of all guestrooms according to brand specifications and quality standards. Apply at www.huntingtonhotelgroup.com .
GENERAL CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL POSITIONS
- A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who post a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties as specified by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied, or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Rooms and Inventory
- Thoroughly clean all assigned rooms within prescribed Brand Standard guidelines.
- Maintain the inventory of every item placed in Guest rooms.
- Communicate status of cleaned rooms to Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Report any lost and found items to the Housekeeping Supervisor immediately, listing the room number or area where the item was found.
- Report any damaged or missing items to Maintenance and the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Report exceptional and/or unusual circumstances, such as no luggage in a stay-over room, sleep-outs, damage in the rooms, etc. to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Use all authorized cleaning agents properly and safely.
- Follow proper key control procedures.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with Guests, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Follow proper handling procedures for dirty rags/linens.
- Restock and maintain housekeeping cart.
- Assist Guests with questions and requests.
- Adhere to proper grooming and dress codes for the department.
- Knowledge of and ability to carry out hotel emergency procedures.
- Perform all other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
- Education and/or Experience: No educational requirement.
- Language Skills: Must be able to understand the proper use of equipment and chemicals and verbal instructions.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of proper cleaning agent handling and safety procedures.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: No requirements.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Able to operate equipment such as, but not limited to, vacuum cleaner. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have previous cleaning experience.
- Local candidates only - San Diego County residents
- Seeing – Must be able to see well enough to clean rooms.
- Hearing – Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility –Must be able to push a vacuum, move from room to room, etc.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling – Must be able to climb four flights of stairs. Must be able to stoop and kneel for general cleaning.
- Lifting – Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling – Must be able to write (sign keys in/out, fill out work orders, etc.).
I have read, understand and voluntarily commit myself to the general guidelines contained in this document. I also understand that this is only a basic description of my job, and it does not, nor is it intended to, outline all of the specifics of the responsibilities that I will be expected to perform. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
FLSA: non - exempt
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Huntington Hotel Group - 23 months ago