Housekeeper, Housekeeping, Maintenance, House Cleaning, Room Attendant, Maid
Clean guest rooms as assigned, ensuring the hotel's established standards of cleanliness. Responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling guest requests or complaints. Ensures the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Clean guest rooms by category priority.
- Transport cart with cleaning supplies, amenities and linens to assigned guest room and position securely.
- Service assigned guest rooms.
- Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
- Replace all dirty towels and linen and replace with clean inventory
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub, shower curtain and floor.
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Inspect condition of bathrobes and replace soiled/damaged ones.
- Remove dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
- Replace laundry bags and slips.
- Clean closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris. Ensure correct amount and placement of hangers, extra blanket/pillow and luggage rack.
- Dust and polish all furniture.
- Realign furniture to floor plan.
- Open all drawers/doors in check-out rooms and remove items left by guest. Dust inside.
- Check under bed(s), chairs and sofa for debris and remove if present.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to the supervisor.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames and mirrors.
- Remove dust and debris on television, VCR, clock radio, remote control and cable box.
- Set correct time on clock; correct TV channel; correct movie rental insert.
- Clean all lamps and light switches; check for proper working order.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames.
- Remove dust, grease and smears from telephones and reposition properly.
- Empty liquid from ice bucket and wipe all surfaces dry.
- Remove dust, smudges and spills from mini bar; ensure it is plugged in and securely locked.
- Remove dust on drapes weekly and realign to correct position daily.
- Inspect condition of amenities in desk, drawers and guest service directory; replace designated amounts at proper locations within the room.
- Remove trash, debris and cobwebs from balcony/patio.
- Remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from entrance door(s).
- Ensure presence of fire safety, rate cards and DND sign. Inspect condition and replace as needed.