Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Shirlington is currently looking for full time room attendants, housekeepers. Competitive wages and benefits package along with $65 Smartrip benefit per month for all employees.
Thoroughly clean a minimum of sixteen (16) rooms per day and maintain those rooms at Hilton Standard. Maintain hallways, landings (guest and service), vending areas, linen closets, and all other assigned tasks. Daily meetings will be conducted to ensure guests receive the highest degree of hospitality.
- Pick up daily room assignment and keys to the assigned section. All keys must be signed out using full name on the Key Sign Out Log located in the Housekeeping Office
- Pick up daily assignment and proceed to your assigned work area
- Proceed straight to linen room of your assigned floor. Pick up your clean glasses from your closet area and replenish your cart, walk your floor and make sure there are not dirty dishes or glasses in front of guest suites.
- Remove cart from the linen closet and stock as needed, no over load of linen on top or the side of your cart
- Special requests, which are noted on your assignment sheet (maid service, rushes) should be done as indicated. Call the Front Office or tell the housekeeping supervisor when services are completed. Continue from room to room and be sure to mark on your assignment sheet every room that you clean as soon as you finish cleaning each room. If a DO NOT DISTURB sign is still present on a room after 1:30 PM notify the housekeeping supervisor and place doorknob notice on the guest room entrance door latch.
- Prior to entering a room, knock with your knuckles or the bottom of a plastic pen on the guest room door in both Towers and call softly and clearly "Housekeeping." Knock three (3) times; if there is no answer open the door slowly while repeating "Housekeeping" and place your door stopper at the bottom of the door. Place your cart close to the guest room, keeping in mind the traffic in the hallway and your security.
- The first thing you should do upon entering any room is turn on the lights. Then open the curtains, sheer drapes, and window or patio door to give you more light and to air out the room. Report all malfunction electronics, including burn out light bulb to ensure guest satisfaction.
- The bed is the focal point of the room, so it must be made properly. Be sure you have been properly trained in the correct manner of triple sheeting the bed. Make sure sheets, pillow cases, bed pads, blankets and spreads are free of tears and stains. Replace as needed.
- Dust and remove marks for all furniture, lamps, doors, and walls
- Clean stove, refrigerator, microwave oven, dish washer, wash dishes, clean covers
- Check to be sure clock/radio works, is set to correct time (am/pm) and Alarm is off.
- In VR rooms, turn A/C to "off" position unless management informs you otherwise. Do not adjust in occupied rooms.
- Clean TV top, sides, screen and beneath stand. Remoter control must be clean and work with TV.
- Clean and dust all pictures, mirrors, frames, and headboards
- Clean ashtray and replace matches in all smoking rooms
- Clean telephone mouthpiece, speaker and receiver
- Remove any debris/feathers from beneath or side of the beds
- Empty and clean the wastebasket
- Clean and supply the desk and drawer
- Ensure that telephone books and Bibles are in good condition and are properly placed
- Clean and defrost refrigerators
- Clean and supply coffee makers
- Clean and supply inside covers areas (every kitchen)
- Clean air vents
- Clean baseboards, vacuum carpet and edges
- Place drapes and sheers in proper positions
- Be sure room is odor free and has a fresh scent; notify Housekeeping of concerns
- Open closet door and check for correct number of hangers (5 clip and 5 regular). Laundry bag holder with two (2) laundry bags, two (2) laundry tickets one (1) luggage rack, one (1) ironing board and iron make sure iron is empty of water. Dust closet shelf, clean closet tracks and mirror, and make sure closet door is in the tracks.
- For the patio, use your broom to remove any cigarette butts, paper or debris. Sweep door tracks to prevent build up. Using a rag, wipe off the chair and table, clean the rail and the edge under it, and then clean the floor. Wipe off inside and outside the patio door window and frame. Relock the door. Check the operation of the drapes and report any concerns. In both Towers, make sure you clean the windows and sills when there is no patio.
- Open bathroom door; keep open during entire cleaning process; turn lights on before entering. Visually inspect the bathroom floor for water, soap, talk, and debris. Remove used linen and trash. Always wear gloves when cleaning the bathroom.
- Clean toilet bowl using bathroom cleaner. Remove all rings and odor, clean lids, and area around hinges. Place toilet seat and lid down. Ensure that toilet is working well
- Clean bathtub using bathroom cleaner. Ensure that drain stopper is clean, shiny and free of hair.
- Clean and polish tile. Ensure that grout is clean and free of mildew. Notify supervisor of any stained or damaged grout.
- Clean, dry, and inspect shower curtain. Replace torn, mildewed or stained curtains. Replace any missing hooks.
- Clean, dry, and inspect plastic liner. Replace torn, mildewed, or stained liners. Replace any missing hooks.
- Clean, dry, and polish all bathroom chrome and faucets
- Thoroughly clean mirrors; ensure there are no hair spray spots or smears, etc.
- Clean, dry, and properly supply vanity area
- Clean and dry sink; ensure that drain is polished and free of hair
- Soap dishes in shower and on vanity cleaned and free of any residue
- Tub, sink drains, and faucets operational (no leaks) or drips
- Vent clean
- Towel rack bars dusted and secured to wall, report loose racks to Expresso System
- Walls and ceiling clean
- Glasses clean, free of watermarks; do not wash glasses in the sink make sure you get clean from your closet.
- Light bulbs working, fixtures dusted
- Back and front of bathroom door cleaned
- Pipe under sink clean
- Floor spotless, free of debris and hairs
- Check guest elevator area
- Ice machine room/vending area checked for cleanliness and operation
- Light fixtures/lamps working and vents dusted
- Pictures/signs wiped down
- Organize guest belongings in occupied rooms to personalize the guest’s
- report all malfunctions observed in either guest rooms or guest corridors
- Windows clean and ledges dusted daily
- Furniture and phones dusted, Switches by entrance door in off position when leaving room
- Daily trash removal
- Suites vacuumed daily
- All hard surface floors swept and mopped daily
- Check stairwell daily
- Empty dirty linen into chute (after cleaning four (4) rooms)
- Ecolab System must be checked daily and report malfunctioning immediately
- Any supplies that are needed in the floors can be picked up in the Housekeeping office
- Do whatever it takes to get the job done:
- Clean VD rooms first
- Pack baskets neatly at the end of the shift
- Carry out any reasonable task assigned by management
- Maintain effective communication with co-workers, supervisors, and management
- Always project a positive attitude
- Display a sense of urgency at all times
- End of shift duties: return vacuum, keys, etc.
- Distribute hotel information in guest rooms when the need arises
- Place personalized housekeeper card in each guest room after servicing it.
- Use aggressive hospitality skills, which include:
- Smile and Greet every Guest
- Speak to the guest in a warm, friendly and courteous manner
- Display genuine and enthusiastic interest in the guest, pay complete attention
- Anticipate guest needs and be flexible in responding to them
- Be knowledgeable about your job
- LEARN to take ownership of guest problems and resolve them
- Language skills: Have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules (i.e., Lockout Tagout, JSA’s), safety awareness information (MSDS), operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to keep logs and to speak effectively to customers and associates.
- The Hotel functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move an associate from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, it is understood that business and weather determines the amount of hours that are worked and that some weeks may be scheduled at less than 40 hours and other weeks at more than 40 hours.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are the responsibilities of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts, in outside weather conditions, and is regularly exposed to vibration. The associate is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The associate occasionally works in high precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Huntington Hotel Group - 2 years ago