About North Colorado Medical Center
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with approximately 3100 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. Our Intensive Care Unit has received national recognition and we have been designated a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is a comprehensive, award-winning health system that includes 23 hospitals in seven western states (twelve in Arizona), primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. We offer a choice of nursing career paths where you can leverage your abilities to make a real difference for your patients – and real change in the health care industry!
This position provides patients with menu and/or patient meal service, receives and forwards patient requests and communication to Dietetic Technicians and Dietitians when appropriate. Provides patient meal assembly according to correct quantities. This position strives to provide patient satisfaction regarding food and nutrition services.
- Visits patients to obtain or discuss menu selections based upon dietary orders. Enters or records all daily patient meal selections and preferences for one or more patient units.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment with modified diets, food and menu knowledge when relating to patients. Requests Diet Tech or Dietitian assistance when needed. Edits patient menus as required.
- Provides patient meal service which may include setting up tray work stations, preparing/portioning assigned foods according to correct quantities, and/or assembling patient trays.
- Delivers and serves meals while making independent judgments about special requests, snacks and nourishments.
- Provides excellent customer service on the phone or in person and resolves customer complaints effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains food handling and sanitation standards to meet licensing agency requirements.
Requires reading, writing and mathematical skills at a level normally evidenced by a high school diploma. Requires an understanding of nutrition services, common modified diets, and portion measures. Skills and knowledge of nutrition services as typically gained through 1 - 2 years of related experience. The work requires the ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines for working with cleaning chemicals, as well as the ability to learn and work with business computer software and point of sale systems. Requires the ability to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must have demonstrated effective customer service skills.
Additional skills and knowledge in health care nutrition services preferred. Bilingual skills preferred in some assignments. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard -