The St. Paul Park Refinery has a full-time opening for a
Rotating Equipment Reliability Engineer, an exempt
position of which reports to the Maintenance Craft
Superintendent. The Rotating Equipment Reliability
Engineer main job duties are to manage the rotating
equipment mechanical integrity (MI) program, major
equipment overhauls and to support all rotating
equipment reliability concerns/issues.
· Apply reliability centered principles to ensure
optimum engineered solutions on rotating equipment
deficiencies and new equipment selection
· Review Management of Change (MOC) requirements and
ensure adherence to all Process Safety Management (PSM)
· Manage the Rotating Equipment Mechanical Integrity
(MI) program through MI classification, preventative
maintenance, procedures and testing frequency
· Manage and oversee overall rotating equipment
reliability through root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
and machinery performance evaluation
· Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and field
data to develop life cycle cost optimization on various
classes of rotating equipment.
· Provide field technical support to resolve rotating
· Periodically create, review and update rotating
· Responsible for maintaining and updating equipment
records and necessary spare parts.
· Review/Revise/Apply refining specifications and ensure
that industry design standards (API) are adhered to for
new equipment selection/installation.
· Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on pump,
compressor, and other equipment mean time between
· Develop/coordinate rotating equipment for turnaround
scopes of work and major equipment overhauls.
· Assist/Train operations on equipment care and
condition monitoring (ECCM) program.
· Identify rotating equipment reliability issues and
develop and implement repair strategies and solutions.
· Collaborate with process engineers and operations to
determine how process variable changes impact machinery
· Collaborate with project engineers in equipment
selection and related QA/QC for installation and
· Participate in unit Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
· Ability to backfill and supervise rotating equipment
mechanics on an as needed basis.
· Other duties as assigned
· B.S. degree in Engineering (Mechanical)
· 5-10 years (or more) of machinery engineering or
rotating equipment engineering in petrochemicals,
refining, or utility operations.
· Knowledge of reciprocating, centrifugal, and screw
compressors, API/ANSI pumps, steam turbines, gas
turbines, electric motors, fans, blowers, mixers, etc.
· Understanding of machinery vibration analysis
including data collection and interpretation.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook,
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Self-Motivated individual who takes initiative to get
results and seeks opportunities for additional
· Familiarity with machinery auxiliary systems such as
lube oil, seal oil, hydraulics, monitoring, control and
· Familiarity with API industry standards, refinery best
practices, and RAGAEP.
· Experience working with Oracle
· Experience working with Meridium
**NTE will provide sponsorship to transfer Visa**
NTE offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package
that includes a nice relocation package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Northern Tier Energy - 22 months ago
Northern Tier Energy (NTE) is an independent downstream energy company with refining, and pipeline operations serving the PADD II region of...