Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
• Minimum 7-10 years experience with large rotating equipment in a manufacturing capacity
• Experience with vibration analysis required
• Basic knowledge of LEAN manufacturing practices
• Basic knowledge of machine shop practices
• Project Management experience desired
• Experience with working in a team environment to determine root cause analysis and implementation corrective action.
• Strong problem solving techniques
• Good oral communication skills required
• Strong safety knowledge
• Must be knowledgeable in MS Office products and have experience with 2D and 3D modeling.
Toshiba International Corporation (TIC) is a Toshiba America Inc. (TAI) Group Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. TIC’s Industrial Division is headquartered in Houston, Texas and employs approximately 1,300 people. With an extensive product offering ranging from electric motors and adjustable speed drives to uninterruptible power systems and super-charge ion batteries, TIC provides application solutions to a wide range of industries. TIC is committed to providing the utmost in quality products and services and strives to uphold Toshiba’s worldwide commitment to innovative technology, superior quality, and unmatched reliability. For more information, please visit our website at www.toshiba.com/ind.
General Job Description
Toshiba seeks a Manufacturing Engineer to be actively involved in the design of tooling, equipment, safety engineering, and to utilize creative solutions to improve the manufacturing process of electric motors. To be successful, the Engineer must analyze cost, availability of materials, strength, maintenance requirements, safety, appearance and impact on the user and the environment. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on the manufacturing processes for one of the world’s leading industrial equipment manufacturers.
• Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods; utilizing knowledge of product design, fabrication processes, tooling, quality standards and production equipment capabilities
• Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layouts of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
• Evaluate safety procedures and reduce hazards throughout the plant
• Design and implement tooling per product specifications
• Full management of capital projects from conception to completion
• Participate in new product development and provide support for the manufacturing of new parts
• Applies statistical methods to estimate manufacturing requirements.
Toshiba - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Toshiba America, Inc. (TAI) is the spitting image of its old man. The holding company, a subsidiary of high-tech titan Toshiba, handles...