- Organizes and supervises his/her workstation area.
- Prepares all dishes according to hotel standard recipe.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining the high food quality and consistency standards per hotel specifications.
- Wraps, labels and stores all extra food items according to New York State Health Department and hotel's specifications.
- Maintains high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in workstations.
- Responsible for checking all equipment for proper temperatures and working order in his/her work area.
- Reviews daily production sheets for changes and/or updates with Chef on Duty.
- Assists in the training of new kitchen employees.
- Assists the Executive Chef in accomplishing hotel goals and objectives.
- Assists other kitchen personnel as directed by the Chef on Duty.
- Communicates all problems (equipment, etc.) to the Executive Chef.
- Ensures adequate ticket times.
- Performs all other assigned duties to assist in efficient departmental operation.
Direction is given and work is reviewed daily by the immediate supervisor.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year culinary experience and/or apprenticeship.
- Two (2) years prep experience, plus one (1) year of hot food items experience, and one plus years of breakfast line experience preferred.
- Requires wearing of uniform and ability to fulfill related Hotel personal appearance standards for this position.
RegionalHelpWanted.com - 18 months ago