ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION
The NE Pre-Order Delivery Driver is responsible for operating a Tractor Trailer to deliver dairy products to customers in assigned route. Position involves loading, ordering, delivering, product accounting and other functions involved in servicing a variety of customers. The Delivery Driver is also responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area at all times.
· Deliver product to customers in an efficient, timely, courteous and accurate manner
· Load or unload cases of product manually with hook, handcart or pallet-jack onto and off the truck. Ensure load is properly secured. Collect empty cases.
· Stacking and dragging of cases of milk with a metal hook
· Collects or picks up empty containers and rejected or unsold merchandise.
· Collection of money from customers and record transaction on customer receipt.
· Ensure that all accounts are maintained according to the published schematics.
· Submit all customer paperwork and deposits daily; including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
· Listens to and resolves customer complaints.
· Checks load security prior to travel and at each stop, making adjustments when needed.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Complete all daily DOT and customer paperwork including delivery tickets, pre and post trip inspections, driver logs, and vehicle service reports.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Know and comply with all Department of Transportation regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
ENTER JOB REQUIREMENTS
· High School Diploma or GED preferred; or two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
· Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
· CDL License required Class A with Air Brake endorsement
· Able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Able to operate electric and manual pallet jacks moving pallets of product with weights ranging up to 2482 pounds
· Pulling, pushing bossies of product with weights ranging up to approximately 1230 pounds across rough, uneven surfaces, up and down inclines, pulling onto and off lift gates. Able to lift cases of product with weights ranging up to approximately 50 pounds above 6 feet in height.
· Must be able to work in a wet environment with moderate noise. Hard and sometimes slippery floors. Temperature range includes outdoors, indoors and cargo areas from 34°-120° degrees Fahrenheit.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Must be able to all required medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
· Must have a clean driving record.
Dean Foods is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V