Responsible for operating a Straight Struck to deliver products to customers in an assigned route. The position involves loading, preordering, delivering, product accounting and other functions involved in servicing a variety of customers.
- Deliver product to customers in an efficient, timely, courteous and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all accounts are maintained according to the published schematics.
- Secure and maintain distribution of all authorized company products.
- Promote the addition and sales of new products.
- Ensure sufficient route inventory levels to meet customer demands while adhering to account inventory control and company distribution procedures.
- Submit all customer paperwork and deposits daily; including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
- Maintain proper handheld records for all accounts.
- Load or unload cases of product manually with hook, handcart or pallet-jack onto and off the truck. Ensure load is properly secured. Collect empty cases.
- Address customer concerns.
- Stock and/or rotate product on shelves or in cold room.
- Must maintain idle time to company standards / Xata requirements.
- Must be able to complete assigned route within DOT time regulations.
- Maintain a valid Class A or Class B CDL (based on established route) and current DOT medical card. Per Company and/or DOT regulations, report any moving violations to management immediately.
- Checks load security prior to travel and at each stop, making adjustments when needed.
- Know and comply with all Department of Transportation regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook.
- Complete all daily DOT and customer paperwork including delivery tickets, pre and post trip inspections, driver logs, and vehicle service reports.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmat ive Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Balance - pulling product, climb in and out of truck. Ability to lift and/or move up to six cases on hand truck. (Cases weigh 20 to 55 lbs.).
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environment with moderate noise, s ometimes slippery floors. Temperature range from 34-120 degrees F.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
- Must possess and maintain a CDL Class B with Air Brake.
- Must have a clean driving record.
Dean Foods - 9 months ago