As a Wingfoot Route Driver you will be responsible for all aspects of pickup and delivery of new and retreaded commercial tires, casings and other types of tire pickup and delivery between Wingfoot Commercial Tire Center locations, customers and Goodyear dealers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Following all safety rules and procedures.
- Preparing customer billing documents.
- General maintenance of truck and equipment.
- Assisting with loading and unloading commercial tires, casings, wheels, mounted wheel assemblies and related products.
- Communicating in an honest and professional manner to customers and supervisors
- Keeping all documents and maintenance records up to date on equipment assigned i.e. DOT Log.
- Any other duties requested by management.
This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision.
- Some extended hours and/or work on Saturdays may be required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- At least one year of relevant driving experience is preferred.
- Good oral and written communication ability.
- Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including being at least 21 years of age.
- CDL may be required.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber - 17 months ago
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our...