Job ID: 6532
Excellent opportunity to work for Stericycle as a Route Driver out of Lubbock, TX!
The Route Driver will be responsible for servicing assigned LQ (Large Quantity - e.g. hospitals, large clinics) and SQ (Small Quantity - e.g. doctor's office, small clinics) accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery. Provides the highest level of customer service possible at all times. May also transport waste from either a Stericycle location or customer location, to a transfer location or processing location.
Time: 4 10 Hour shifts during the work week (various amongst M-F).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
- Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the delay ensuring enough supplies are added.
- Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
- Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc. Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.
Education and Experience:
Must be able to exert up to 150 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 60 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, push or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating the ability to read a map, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portrait a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations.
- Two or more years of customer service experience required. Previous route management experience is a plus.
- Completion of an accredited driving school, or one or more years of Commercial Driving experience required.
- Maintains current required drivers license, with an excellent driving record.
- Demonstrates the ability to read a map.
- Demonstrates good computer skills and knowledge of intranet.
- Maintains current Medical Examiner’s Certification (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
Stericycle, Inc. is engaged in the management of regulated waste and providing an array of related services. The Company operates in the...