• Previous route sales experience is preferred and given first preference.
• Solid work history in convenience stores, sales, merchandising or delivery may also be considered.
• Excellent customer service and account management skills.
• Ability to professionally communicate with external and internal customers.
• Must have a valid driver’s license in the state you reside in and be at least 21 years of age to operate company route truck.
• Must be able to pass DOT physical, drug screen, motor vehicle record and background check.
• Flexibility of hours may be required to ensure route coverage starting in the early mornings for up to 60 hours per week at times. Company paid overnight travel may be required dependent on the route.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Must be able to work a minimum of 9-12 hours per day
• Must be able to repetitively lift/carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds, possibly with assistance
• Must be able to push/pull up to 300 pounds
• Able to bend, turn, twist, reach, pull and push
• Must be able to safely operate company route truck
• Must be able to work in a widely varying temperature environment
• Must be able to communicate with customers and Deli Express personnel
• Must be able to work well with various levels of customers and diverse cultures
E.A. Sween Company is a family-owned company based in a suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota where we make and distribute Deli Express sandwiches. Our Route Sales employees provide direct store delivery service of Deli Express products to convenience stores, small grocery stores and military bases on routes throughout the country. We are looking for a Route Sales Representative in El Paso Texas that is eager to learn the route sales delivery business and develop a careers with E.A. Sween/Deli Express.
• Services assigned accounts on a heavy route by ordering, delivering, date coding and merchandising products around the El Paso, Horizon City TX and Deming, Silvercity, Las Cruces and Lordsburg NM areas.
• Route travels 900-950 miles/week. 50-55 hours per week starting at 5:00 a.m. plus 1 overnight per week on Monday nights in Lordsburg NM.
• Manages the displays to keep the customers in stock and minimize out of date product.
• Markets new products and services to increase sales and shelf space within existing accounts.
• Utilizes appropriate point-of-sale materials to build and update displays.
• Identifies and solicits prospective new customers.
• Works safely at all times.
• Drives company route truck safely and uses equipment properly to load and/or unload the truck.
• Uses a handheld computer to record sales and manage inventory.
• Correctly completes DOT logs and other required documentation daily.
E.A. Sween Company was founded in 1955 and is the proud parent company for the Deli Express® Brand.
The company’s headquarters...