• Previous route sales experience is preferred and given first preference.
• Solid work history in convenience stores, sales, merchandising or delivery may also be considered.
• Excellent customer service and account management skills.
• Ability to professionally communicate with external and internal customers.
• Must have a valid driver’s license in the state you reside in and be at least 18 years of age to operate company route truck.
• Must be able to pass DOT physical, drug screen, motor vehicle record and background check.
• Flexibility of hours may be required to ensure route coverage starting in the early mornings for up to 60 hours per week at times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Must be able to work a minimum of 9-12 hours per day
• Must be able to repetitively lift/carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds, possibly with assistance
• Must be able to push/pull up to 300 pounds
• Able to bend, turn, twist, reach, pull and push
• Must be able to safely operate company route truck
• Must be able to work in a widely varying temperature environment
• Must be able to communicate with customers and Deli Express personnel
• Must be able to work well with various levels of customers and diverse cultures
Deli Express is a family-owned company based in Minneapolis where we make and distribute sandwiches and other food products, mainly to convenience stores. We are looking for a Route Sales Representative in Hurricane/St. George UT who is eager to develop a career with Deli Express.
The Route Sales Representative sells, orders (using handheld computers), delivers, merchandises and promotes Deli Express products. Grows sales by developing relationships and servicing customers on a designated route. Safely operates a company route truck.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
• Services assigned accounts on a heavy route by ordering, delivering, date coding and merchandising products on an 700 mile route around the St. George, Mesquite, Cedar City, Kanab and Bryce Canyon areas.
• 50-55 hours per week starting at 5:00 a.m.
• Manages the displays to keep the customers in stock and minimize out of date product.
• Markets new products and services to increase sales and shelf space within existing accounts.
• Utilizes appropriate point-of-sale materials to build and update displays.
• Identifies and solicits prospective new customers.
• Works safely at all times.
• Drives company route truck safely and uses equipment properly to load and/or unload the truck.
• Uses a handheld computer to record sales and manage inventory.
• Correctly completes DOT logs and other required documentation daily.
E.A. Sween Company was founded in 1955 and is the proud parent company for the Deli Express® Brand.
The company’s headquarters...