This position is responsible for working directly with Field Management on delivery route creation within a designated region to ensure the most efficient operations and customer service levels. This includes monitoring incoming delivery jobs using reports and route methodology to schedule any last minute deliveries. Flexible schedule is required.
- Using specialized route planning software to build efficient delivery routes.
- Incorporation of factors including, but not limited to travel times, service times, DOT restrictions and traffic into delivery routes.
- Monitoring reports to ensure timely and accurate scheduling of all incoming deliveries.
- Diagnosing, assessing and resolving routing problems or issues timely within the established Level of Service.
- Timely submission of efficient routes for approval of the Operations Manager.
- Completing all automated or manual pre-calls to customers, dealers and stores communicating the delivery date and service window for each stop on a given route.
- Communicating with customers when necessary to advise shipments delay and/or information necessary to process orders.
- Restructuring of routes with the assistance of Operations Managers to promote optimization.
- Logging and printing manifests for completed and approved routes which are ready for pre-call processing.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Basic knowledge of business computer use is required: Internet/World Wide Web, E-mail and Microsoft Office or other business software.
- Basic knowledge of Streets and Trips software or other comparable routing software.
navigate between dual monitors, familiarity with time zones, etc.
- Good visual object skills for delivery route planning using mapping software.
- Ability to use logic and problem-solving skills to resolve issues, build delivery routes,
- Exceptional attention to detail oriented tasks.
- Ability to work independently under stressful situations under tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to communicate to customers, co-workers and management in a professional/courteous manner.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform routine mathematical calculations.
- Typing, ability to use personal computers and telephones.
- Ability to be seated at a computer workstation for extended periods.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Typing, personal computer use and telephone use.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to diffuse client frustrations.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish is a plus.
Required Education or Certification
- Experience with routing is a plus.
- One year experience in a customer service-oriented is strongly desired.
- Experience in a call center environment is a plus.
- Experience working with personal computers and business applications is required.
3PD is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
All candidates are subject to criminal background and drug screening
3PD, Inc. - 10 months ago
There are many reasons why 3PD is the heavy-duty market leader in third-party logistics (3PL) and last-mile delivery.
For one thing, we ma...