Responsible to: Controller. Communicates with all necessary team members.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• A bachelor’s degree in finance or business related curriculum is preferred.
• At least one year of experience in the general functions of payroll processing.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Basic computer skills and aptitude.
• Proficient in Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Prior experience with Attendance Professional, Attendance Enterprise or similar timekeeping software preferred.
• Must have the ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, reach, and use hands to manipulate the computer, writing, calculation or other instruments to carry out responsibilities of the position.
• Must be able to lift objects up to 50 pounds.
• Must have adequate vision to perform essential job functions.
• Every employee in the Lexington Network must adhere to and uphold the standards set forth in our culture contract. Our common purpose, quality standards and behavioral expectations are what set us apart from other organizations. Every interaction must be approached using the ICARE expected behaviors so that every employee and resident will be treated with respect.
• Overall execution of payroll functions for all Home Health, Hospice, and Private Care divisions. The Payroll Coordinator works in conjunction with Facility Department Heads, the Administrator and all Royal payroll staff to assure the successful completion of the biweekly payroll, the timely submission of payroll reports. Will ensure all payroll functions are properly implemented with all appropriate recordkeeping in accordance with established facility and corporate policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations.
• Completes all payroll processing functions with the use of timekeeping system to ensure timely and accurate execution of biweekly timekeeping processing.
• Ensures the processing of new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate.
• Resolving payroll issues and problems with the assistance of corporate payroll staff as necessary.
• Processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments.
• Preparing special reports for management.
• Completes all payroll related processing functions in accordance with company policy and procedures. Ensures hours are reported accurately; follows up to resolve discrepancies. Provides discrepancy and or trending reports to management.
• Runs exception reports for managers and assists managers with time and attendance monitoring.
• Monitors hours worked to ensure staff are in correct position.
• Assists the HR staff in monitoring the attendance of employees
• Assists HR with the coordination of employee enrollment in the 401K and Insurance Programs.
• Processes all payroll deduction authorizations.
• Ensures timekeeping systems and tools accurately reflect daily status and assists in the development of facility labor cost reduction strategies; utilizes data and assists in making decisions based on current labor metrics.
• Ensures completion of all employee termination/separation reports for appropriate record keeping and to submit to Personnel Planners in response to unemployment claims.
• Ensures all employee payroll records are properly filed, maintained, and stored to meet all regulatory/legal requirements. Adheres to all record retention schedules.
• As time permits, partners with HR in the employee relations aspect of the facility. Works within the culture committee setting as well as one on one with employees to assure the companies common purpose, quality standards and behavioral expectations are being adhered to.
• Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payables.
• Assisting other team members when necessary
• All other duties as assigned.
Lexington Health Care - 18 months ago