To provide royalty and regulatory accounting for the Petroleum CSG's US onshore operations. This individual will work in the Royalty Accounting Group within the Controller's team and will be heavily involved in helping to expand the revenue accounting group and its process and procedures to include the management of a large group of recently acquired US onshore properties.
This position will report to the Supervisor Royalty Accounting
* Set up payment processing master data in SAP, process CDEX and other remitter payments using SAP's payment processing desktop
* Resolve issues with Remitter payments including decimal discrepancies, payments due but not received, incorrect payment deductions
* Coordinate with land administration group on queries regarding division of interest and other lease obligations
* Resolve owner inquiries with regard to redistributed Blanchard royalties
* Oversee legal / statutory payment of interest on late payments
* Facilitate the embedding of standard finance processes/systems/controls as they relate to royalty accounting
* Monitor incoming payments and ensure the timely and accurate preparation and verification of revenue accruals for cash received not yet recorded.
* Prepare account reconciliations for US Onshore Royalty Accounting team and provide commentary for period end close processes.
* Ensure compliance with Accounting Policies, Group Level Documents, SOX, and Core Controls
* Prepare ad-hoc presentation materials for production finance and senior finance management as required.
* Champion & drive process improvement initiatives to improve team efficiency & global standardization
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
• Possess an undergraduate degree in finance or accounting.
• CPA or equivalent is desired but not required.
• Two to ten years of professional experience in upstream O&G with demonstrated experience in revenue accounting and overall financial stewardship & governance, including several years of US onshore revenue accounting experience, preferred
• 2-5 years of experience with setting up remitter cross reference master data, processing payments through CDEX and SAP Payment Processing Desktop for the receipt of royalties, overrides and Blanchard redistribution.
• Superior negotiation and influencing skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• A self-starter who works well without direct or close supervision.
• Customer focus.
• Good problem-solving skills -- analysis, judgment, decision-making.
• Demonstrated experience working in an SAP-based (or similar large ERP system) general ledger, business warehouse and consolidation system environment. Understanding of and experience in working with various sub-systems that feed the Revenue systems.
• Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and calculating with formulas
• Track record of championing process improvements
Actively participate in compliance with HSEC goals and objectives of our company.
Please note this position is located in Downtown Houston.
Clearpoint - 23 months ago