The Royalty Specialist is responsible for providing assistance to authors and editors relating to royalty issues in accordance with Company practice and procedures
- Review contract for accuracy and obtain any missing information
- Enter new contracts in appropriate royalty system so that royalties can be paid
- Apply advances/expenses against author royalty accounts using various royalty systems
- Set up new author accounts and perform necessary maintenance to change or correct author address information in Coda (or current account system)
- Assist with the processing and mailing of royalty statements and checks according to schedules
- Maintain royalty contract and author files
- Perform necessary maintenance to correct royalty accounts as necessary
- Process manual royalty payment requests as necessary. Assure proper backup documentation is attached and proper accounting codes are used
- Reply to authors inquiries via telephone, fax, e-mail or regular mail in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain royalty task log for all e-mails, telephone calls, faxes and regular mail received on a daily basis
- Other departmental duties as assigned
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and data entry skills.
* Accurate figure aptitude
* Ability to read and interpret contracts
* Must be able to perform multiple tasks and set priorities.
* Should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Must be able to work under pressure with minimal supervision
* Must have good judgment skills
* Must be a team player and have a positive attitude
EDUCATION: High school graduate or GED.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Taylor and Francis Group, LLC - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard