Oversee.net is leading the way to next-generation enhancements for monetizing traffic at scale, and we are already handling over 250 million unique visitors every month. We are seeking a Ruby Engineer to help build our next generation technologies. Oversee.net runs one of the largest web infrastructures in the world today, serving millions of content requests every day, and we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who have the ability to write robust code that handles massive data sets in real time.
To handle information at this scale on the real-time web, we require ideas from nearly every area of computer science: data mining and culling, machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, massively parallel system design, load balancing, compression, user interface design, personalization, etc. The ideal candidate will be extremely strong with coding skills in Ruby and a strong understanding of Data Oriented Design.
- Design, develop, and maintain code in Ruby that scales wide and deep for modular Internet infrastructure.
- Write and document complete unit test cases to ensure high code quality.
- Participate in code reviews, and ensure others follow best coding practices.
- Ensure timely delivery or features to production.
- Teamwork in a dynamic project/task driven environment
- Take ownership of key technology pieces.
- Continuously suggest and implement enhancements to our products.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, or equivalent additional experience.
- Deep knowledge and practical experience in Ruby.
- Experience designing large modular systems.
- Experience with Debuggers and debugging code.
- Ability to lead in a challenging, fast paced, fluid environment.
- Ability to work at high level with little technical supervision.
- Strong initiative and self directed.
Oversee.net - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard