Ruby Engineer Intern, Shop It To Me, Inc. (San Francisco, CA)
Shop It To Me is the #1 online personal shopping service and completely changing the way people shop online. We recommend 2+ billion products to our 4+ million avid subscribers every month. We are profitable, growing and on our way to completely disrupting the ecommerce industry by making shopping the easiest, most personalized experience you’ve ever seen. Here’s how our current product works: You tell us your preferences like favorite brands (Prada, Nike, 600+ others), your individual sizes and price ranges. We scour the Internet every day and let you know when things you want go on sale. We make money whenever people buy something. Our service has been called "addictive" and "dangerous." by our users.
About the Job:
- Write code. Clean, elegant, practical, well-covered code.
- Collaborate. Work with other awesome people in an environment where everyone builds upon each others' strengths.
- Make a difference. Contribute to a service that helps millions of people get what they want / makes them happy.
- Get stuff done. We are pragmatists focused on business success, not tinkerers focused on technology.
- Be part of something big. Work on cool, new, secret projects that will completely disrupt the way people shop.
- You have experience building, shipping and maintaing applications using Ruby On Rails or a similar dynamic programming language.
- You understand object oriented design and patterns.
- You enjoy working on a small team of intellectually curious and talented engineers who like to get things done.
- You take pride in the quality of your work and the work of your teammates.
- You have a college degree but started coding before college (and maybe even before high school)
- You made rails contributions. You've created a DSL or two. You've used jRuby for something.
- You have experience with our tools: capistrano, GIT, sphinx, god (a monitoring tool, not a deity), chef (www.opscode.com).
- You have a burning desire to build a massively scalable web/email service
- You're into multi-variate testing.
- Relocation bonus potential for candidates who reside outside of SF bay area.
No Recruiters Please!
Only applicants authorized to work in the United States will be considered.
- Competitive salary & options, 401k, medical, dental, vision.
- The ability to work with a small super-smart team
- Sweet rig of your choosing, large monitors, Aeron chairs, big windows, high ceilings.
- Optional one-on-one basketball arcade tournaments
- Monthly waffle and juice breakfast, Nespresso, make-your-own-soda machine and beer Fridays
Shop It To Me, Inc - 7 months ago