- Shop It To Me is the #1 online personal shopping service and completely changing the way people shop online. We recommend 2+ billion products to our 4+ million avid subscribers every month. We are profitable, growing and on our way to completely disrupting the ecommerce industry by making shopping the easiest, most personalized experience you’ve ever seen.
- Here’s how our current product works: You tell us your preferences like favorite brands (Prada, Nike, 600+ others), your individual sizes and price ranges. We scour the Internet every day and let you know when things you want go on sale.
- We make money whenever people buy something. Our service has been called "addictive" and "dangerous." by our users.
About the Job:
- Write code. Clean, elegant, practical, well-covered code.
- Collaborate. Work with other awesome people in an environment where everyone builds upon each others' strengths.
- Make a difference. Contribute to a service that helps millions of people get what they want / makes them happy.
- Get stuff done. We are pragmatists focused on business success, not tinkerers focused on technology.
- Be part of something big. Work on cool, new, secret projects that will completely disrupt the way people shop.
- You have experience building, shipping and maintaing applications using Ruby On Rails or a similar dynamic programming language.
- You understand object oriented design and patterns.
- You enjoy working on a small team of intellectually curious and talented engineers who like to get things done.
- You take pride in the quality of your work and the work of your teammates.
- You have a college degree but started coding before college (and maybe even before high school)
- You made rails contributions. You've created a DSL or two. You've used jRuby for something.
- You have experience with our tools: capistrano, GIT, sphinx, god (a monitoring tool, not a deity), chef (www.opscode.com).
- You have a burning desire to build a massively scalable web/email service
- You're into multi-variate testing.
- Relocation bonus potential for candidates who reside outside of SF bay area.
- Competitive salary & options, medical, dental, vision, nice selection of free food & drink.
- The ability to work with a small super-smart team
- Sweet rig of your choosing, phat monitors, Aeron chairs, big windows, high ceilings, brick walls.
- Optional one-on-one basketball arcade tournaments
- Monthly waffle and juice breakfasts
- Millions of adoring fans.
Shop It To Me, Inc - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard